Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify for ps4 problem

spotify for ps4 problem

There seems to be a problem with the ps4 app. when I go to play my music, it seems to only play the same 20-30 songs in a playlist of over 600 songs. Ive deleted the app twice and redownloaded it to see if that would fix it but it didnt. Ive also gone into different playlists that have over 100 songs in them and it seems to do the same thing. it only plays songs songs within the first 20 spots of the playlist and then repeats them without playing the rest of the songs. For instance, if i choose the first song in my playlist and its in alphabetical order it will only play songs from A-C and then repeat them. When i have it on shuffle, it only shuffles songs A-C. if i choose a song that starts with O in the same playlist, it will only play 20-30 songs from O-T and then begin to repeat those as well without playing anything else.

i would appreciate some help with this

2 Replies

This is a known problem.

There's a solution to it for the shortime until it's fixed:

Go to the playlist, do not play it yet. Scroll all the way to the right until you get to the last track of the playlist. It takes awhile, use your left stick, hold it towards the right, it'll scroll faster after a bit of holding it in a direction.

Then you start playing the Playlist and if you have shuffle on it'll shuffle through the whole playlist. It's a pain, but worth it for large playlists that are ordered by artist or album and should be shuffled. It's annoying to hear the same artist so close together as it is when you don't use the shortime solution.

Ive tried this method multiple times, and personally ots not working for me. I still have the same issue. Not sure if being free/premium makes a difference for this "work around", but as a free member i can honestly say this isnt working for me. Its unfortunate as i actually have grown fond of Spotify, and really looked forward to using it with my PS4. As it stands though, with no "real" shuffle, looks like im back to just streaming from my phone while i play my games.

Suggested posts