Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify not working on apple watch

spotify not working on apple watch

Whenever you try to open a playlist on any apple watch, it just gives a connection error, and whene you try to open ur downloaded songs, it crashes the whole app.
6 Replies

Hello there!

I'll try to help. Could you try reinstalling the app in your watch to see if that does the trick? If not, can you try using a different internet connection?

Let me know how it goes.

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Experiencing the same issue. After uninstalling and reinstalling the app on watch, I now no longer have the option to use the watch as a device, it only shows phone and other compatible devices on my network.

Prior to this I was also experiencing the issue with downloaded playlists not working. Spotify on Apple watch is unusable for me at present.

Hello @liquidchild!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. Let's try to figure out why your Apple Watch isn't showing in your device list. Can you let me know if you have a Premium subscription? I'd also recommend making sure you followed these steps to use Spotify in your Apple Watch. 

Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

I have an Apple watch 5. Everything is updated in Watch and iPhone.

It is impossible to listen music downloaded into the Apple Watch. And it is not working for months. The error message saying "Check you connection..." looks pretty clear to me you are not managing it properly, since no connection is required, the music is already downloaded.

Have you tried it? Do you have a QA process for this?

Thank you

Hello there, I’m experiencing the same on my Apple Watch SE (2nd), and I’ve tried everything.

rebooting, reinstalling, restarting, updating to both last os version and app version. Nothing works and it’s really frustrating 

ps. I do have a premium subscription and I’ve done everything posted in the last link 

Hello everyone,

Thanks for reaching out. It seems like you're experiencing this Ongoing Issue that's currently being looked into. I'd recommend checking the thread and following the steps in the Status Update to provide Spotify with more info.

You can also add your vote to the issue and subscribe to the thread to be notified of any updates. On another note, make sure to keep your Spotify app updated so you don't miss out on any fixes.

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts