Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify on onkyo TX-NR609

Solved!

spotify on onkyo TX-NR609

I currently have an trial Premium subscription.

I try to configure spotify on my onkyo TX-NR609 receiver.

When i fill in my username(the number) and the password i created, i get the message that an error occured with login in.

No specific error is given.

Has someone got it working on this receiver?

Has someone got an solution?

I have the latest update of the firmware installed.

I'm from the Netherlands.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I got it working now!

The receiver has an web interface.

You can add the spotify account there!

View solution in original post

20 Replies

there is a special procedure how to log in into onkyo withz spotify

I wrote following in German  on onkyo facebook

Onkyo mit Spotify aus Anwendersicht
Da es mir nicht ganz so trivial erscheint möchte ich nochmal die Schritte zusammenfassen um einen Onkyo AV Receiver an Spotify anzumelden.
Vorbedingung:
1.Spotify muss im jeweiligen Land verfügbar sein
2. Es wird ein Facebook account benötigt
3.Spotify software am Pc installieren (möglicherweise nicht unbedingt notwendig aber sinnvoll)
4. Man muss sein Gerät explizit anmelden
www.spotify.com/"Land"/help/overview/
siehe folgende Seite (Land durch regioncode ersetzen) Der link befindet sich auf der rechten Seite ( mit audiosystem verbinden)
In Österreich zur Seite
https://www.spotify.com/at/login/?forward_url=%2Fat%2Faccount%2Fset-device-password%2F
gehen und sich mit facebook account anmelden. Ihr bekommt dann eine email mit
eurem spotify Benutzernamen auf die in facebook angegebene email und die Möglichkeit ein Passwort zu setzen.
5. Diesen Benutzernamen und das Passwort am receiver unter spotify eingeben
Ihr werdet dazu aufgefordert
6. Ruft nun z.B eure Playlists auf die ihr euch mit der software erstellt habt.
7. Have fun

Thanks for your reply.

The procedure you gave is exactly what i performed.

Still i can't login!

Same issue on my system (Spotify the Netherlands). 

Error on login with the proper credentials. 

This is on the latest firmware (july 2012) on an TX-NR609.

I bought a TX NR515 today, updated it to the latest firmware and also have the same problem. Internetradio works as it should, it's just spotify that doesn't. Is it a dutch problem? I'm in The Netherlands as well....

1112816805 is my nr....

Mine works!!!! 

I tried and I tried. But I think what finaly did it was this:

I logged out of Spotify on all other machines, like PC/Ipad etc...

Tried logging in again on the Onkyo and now it works!

Hope it works for you too....

I'll try it when i'm at home!

Onkyo told me on the german facebook side that spotify has Problems with extern equipment like onkyo to login

Didnt got it working yet :(..

I'll keep trying till my trial ends.

Marked as solution

I got it working now!

You can add the spotify account there!

Another question. Does someone know how you can add a song to play after the song that is playing on the receiver ?

Hi, how can you do that?please.

Does anyone have english intructions?

"Does someone know how you can add a song to play after the song that is playing on the receiver ?"

Make in Spotify a Favorits List -

then Browse the complete list,

then 'add to play list'.

- thats how I do it.

Does anyone have english intructions?

Yes, the Onkyo website.

"I got it working now!

You can add the spotify account there!"

Or you give the Onkyo AV-Receiver a fixed IP Address, instead of a DHCP dynamic IP Address.

That will help too.

I have problem With onkyo tx nr 656 with Spotify i had work last weekend but NOT now. My iPhone cant choose device my onkyo. How Can I lock in manual on Spotify on my 

receiver??

This has also stopped working on my TX NR 609. I phoned ONKYO support and was told that Spotify have withdrawn support for all amplifiers by ONKYO and Pioneer. What is confusing me is why there isn't more chatter about this on the web. Is no one using Spotify on Onkyo amps? I'm stuck for a solution as the 609 wont allow me to control zone 2 with spotify connect from an hdmi or optical source. A small taste of how streaming services are a risk for obsolescence (my cds and mp3s still work, but not Spotify in my house)

Yes it stopped working... I found a couple of software working as a DLNA service and sending music to the receiver from the PC. One of these is here: http://www.streamwhatyouhear.com/ and it is perfectly working. I could not found any similar app working on my smartphone (it should be useful, of course). Searching on the web I found out as a possible solution Google Chromecast, with it the Spotify Connect should work.

It is a silly choice from Spotify and I'm re-considering the subscription since I also used to hear it mainly on my Onkyo receiver. It was my main source of music...

Same problem. Still waiting for a solution. 

Suggested posts