Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

streaming volume turns to max and blows up speakers

Solved!

streaming volume turns to max and blows up speakers

Dear Spotifiers,

I use the Spotify function to play the music on my NAD or Sonos system (click on the icon (monitor/phone) and select the apparatus). The volume that will play on the external audio is depicted on the bottom of the screen and I slide it always to about 20%. This worked fine, but....

.... since a week or so, when a song is played at its desired volume on my NAD or Sonos, ANY button touched in the Spotify app will make the volume go to max. And with my 300 watt speakers this gives a shocking blast that almost kills my speakers (and heart). Sometimes, even just selecting the NAD icon will instantly put the volume on max. 

Please let me know what causes this and how it can be resolved. Also if this a bug on the Apple iPhone side.

Thanks!

Gerjon Zomer, The Netherlands

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Gerjon,

Thanks for reaching out. This sounds a bit odd and we'll do our best to help you out here.

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in 2 times - this should force a sync between your account and the device? It's also a good idea to clear cached files on your iPhone to remove any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know if this happens when you're using the Spotify Connect feature on the web player or on the desktop app as well?

We'll be on the lookout for your update. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Gerjon,

Thanks for reaching out. This sounds a bit odd and we'll do our best to help you out here.

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in 2 times - this should force a sync between your account and the device? It's also a good idea to clear cached files on your iPhone to remove any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know if this happens when you're using the Spotify Connect feature on the web player or on the desktop app as well?

We'll be on the lookout for your update. 

LyubkaModerator

YES!! clearing cache solved the issue. thanks! 

Hi there @Gerjon 

Thanks for letting us know that this helped 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

ive had this a bunch of times. I will never use again. my poor speakers and heart.

I have a Denon AVR-X4500H amplifier and was listening to music from Spotify the other day (I have a premium account for which I pay 10.99 euros/month) when suddenly and without me touching anything, it shoot the Amplifier volume to the MAXIMUM. I rushed to the amplifier to put the volume down but did not reach fast enough and the amplifier just blew-up. It would not work anymore !! Now it's in a Hi-Fi repair shop but I still don't know how much it will cost to repair (if it can be repaired which I hope it can). Moreover, I don't know yet if the speakers were damaged too.

Anyway, this is a MAJOR BUG in Spotify software that SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED LONG AGO !!! It's a complete disgrace that Spotify can break Hi-Fi equipment !!! Spotify should have an option to block the possibility to modify the volume when connected to an external Amplifier. PLEASE SPOTIFY REVIEW YOUR CODE AND FIX IT !!!!

I contacted Spotify support and chat with 3 different persons. They acknowledged a "technical issue" and said someone would get back to me by email but of course no-one has. THIS ISSUE DESERVES ACTION !!!  And please let me know how we can arrange so that Spotify pays the bill of my damaged Amplifier !

I often control my Heos soundsystem with my phone (iPhone 11 pro; iOS 17.2.1). Sometimes there are lapses in the connection I suppose, and when I go back to the Spotify app on my phone from a different app, the speaker apparently takes on the volume settings of my phone, which sometimes results in nearly blowing up the speakers...
Is there a way to fix this? I had this issue a lot about a year ago, then it went away, and now I've been experiencing it again since couple of weeks ago. It's kind of a Russian roulette too; you never know when you open the app if it's gonna blast your ears off or not. I'd prefer if Spotify would just leave the volume alone.

Suggested posts