Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

unable to use firefox on linux for web play now

unable to use firefox on linux for web play now

Hi there,

I was using firefox web player to listen and now I get the message across the top of the page "firefox is installing components needed to play the audio and video on this page, Please try later" and whn I click play on a playlist I get taken to a page saying "playback of protected content is not enabled"

I have installed flash and confirmed using adobes test page that it is installed and working. I have the widevine content decryption plugin installed and activated.

What plugins is firefox trying to install and why am I being told to install widevine?

thanks

4 Replies

Hey @sungamb!

We'll do our best to help you have Spotify up and running again.

The messages you're describing, seems to be related to the DRM encription on the Spotify content.

Let's try enabling DRM content playback following this guide. Also, try clearing your cache and cookies or using an incongito window to see if it helps.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I am actually having the exact same issue;  when trying to play the web player for firefox on a Linux machine, it is saying the following:

"Firefox is installing components needed to play the audio or video on this page.  Please try again later"

I updated to a version of firefox that says is suitable. I have checked that DRM is enabled, untoggled it, and put it back on.  I have also cleaned cache and history, as well as tried it in a private window.  The issue was not resolved.

Any other ideas???

I'm having the same issue. Was a fix ever determined?

Nope...

still trying to work through this...

Suggested posts