[web player] Always fail playing first 5 songs ("502 Bad Gateway" and multiple "400 Bad Request")

[web player] Always fail playing first 5 songs ("502 Bad Gateway" and multiple "400 Bad Request")

ancide
Regular

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Firefox 84.0.2 (64-bit)

Operating System

Linux

My Question or Issue

When I click "play" on a song in a playlist, then it fails to play the song, jumps to the next song 5 times. The 5th song starts to play successfully but stops after 10 seconds.

I can reproduce this problem 100% of the time, regardless of playlist used (tested my own playlists and spotify created playlists) and regardless of song position in the playlist.

I have saved a HAR-file for the whole session where I reproduce this error, but I don't want to upload it publicly as it may contain sensitive information. Reach out to me on my email if you want me to send it over.

However, I've provided some screenshots of the console and network tab of the Firefox developer tools where you can get an overview of what requests fail and what errors/warnings I have.

Looking at other problems people have reported, this problem seems to be something that has occurred on/off for a couple of years. All the other tickets have been marked "fixed" and the most recent one is 5179515.

2021-06-11-113454_1919x996_scrot.png
2021-06-11-115150_1919x996_scrot.png
27 Replies

Gitrian
Casual Listener

I got the exact same issue.

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

Firefox 86.0.1 (32-bit)

Operating System

Windows 10

Eni

Hi @ancide and @Gitrian,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We'd first recommend clearing your browser's cache and cookies to see if it makes any difference. 

You could also give it a try using a different browser. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Eni

Hi again @unseenlarks

Thanks for getting back to us. 

In this case, would you mind clearing your browser's cache and cookies to check if that does the trick?

Additionally, we suggest that you turn off the VPN if in use. 

Lastly, could you check if this happens on a different PC as well?

Keep us in the loop.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

unseenlarks
Roadie
thank you for answering as well.

no, clearing the browser cache and cookies didn't help.

i do not use a VPN, and unfortunately don't have the luxury of a different PC to test with.

Alex

Hey @unseenlarks,

Thanks for the reply.

You can try to remove any entries containing Spotify from your host files. Follow the instructions here.

This may cause such issues on some PCs.

Keep us posted!

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Aldraxic
Casual Listener

Also tried this with no luck, there's no host files in the document unfortunately. Any help with this would be much appreciated, thanks.

unseenlarks
Roadie
hello and thank you for the suggestion. unfortunately there were no such entries on the hosts file that i could remove.
SUGGESTED POSTS