Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

will downloaded playlists go away when i downgrade from premium

Solved!

will downloaded playlists go away when i downgrade from premium

unfortunately I haven’t even used my three month free premium for my iPhone 6 and it expires in a few days. I am unemployed and cannot afford to renew.

I had created several playlists From Shazam, and then also found many existing genre playlists. First question is when I downgrade back to free,  Will they still remain in my account? 

next question is, at least for the last several days that I do have premium, I would like to download at least my favorite 30 songs so I can listen to them while I go exercise outside, that way I don’t have to use up my minutes. 

I read elsewhere about downloading the songs while I am on Wi-Fi and then turning off the online portion when I go outside so it doesn’t use up any minutes.

HERE  is the second question - if I put those songs into download, and switch back to free Spotify next week, will I lose that particular playlist/songs that I have downloaded? Or will that playlist still exist in my library but just not be downloaded for offline play?

Thanks.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ngx1! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Yes, you will keep your playlists if you downgrade.

They will just get undownloaded from your phone, and you can redownloaded them after you subscribe to Spotify Premium again.

Unfortunately, you can't download songs if you got Spotify Free.

You can listen to offline songs only if you got Spotify Premium.

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @ngx1! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Yes, you will keep your playlists if you downgrade.

They will just get undownloaded from your phone, and you can redownloaded them after you subscribe to Spotify Premium again.

Unfortunately, you can't download songs if you got Spotify Free.

You can listen to offline songs only if you got Spotify Premium.

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Suggested posts