Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

wp8 app not starting up

Solved!

wp8 app not starting up

hi, 

today i am not able to start up the wp8 app. i have been using it for 7 months now. 

the start up window is shown, but in the end the app does not open up. 

when i have realised that it does not work, i have activated flight mode, so that at least i could listen to my offline content. but it did not make any difference. the app does not go further than to start up screen. 

is this a known issue today?

i live in germany, in case that might help. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

i have a lumia 520 with latest update (black update, wp 8.0). 8.1 should be available soon, but it is not yet. 

i have the latest spotify version. 

i could not fix the problem, therefore i had to uninstall the app and install it again. of course all my online content got lost. 

i guess, some config file got corrupted, and the app did not manage to start up. 

i am going now 3 weeks abroad without internet connection. i hope this issue does not happen again, otherwise i wont have music available during my holidays...

Spoiler

View solution in original post

2 Replies

What version of Windows Phone and Spotify are you using?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

i have a lumia 520 with latest update (black update, wp 8.0). 8.1 should be available soon, but it is not yet. 

i have the latest spotify version. 

i could not fix the problem, therefore i had to uninstall the app and install it again. of course all my online content got lost. 

i guess, some config file got corrupted, and the app did not manage to start up. 

i am going now 3 weeks abroad without internet connection. i hope this issue does not happen again, otherwise i wont have music available during my holidays...

Spoiler

Suggested posts