Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

As a former record store owner, here's my fav. Deep Funk, Afro-beat, Fusion, etc.

As a former record store owner, here's my fav. Deep Funk, Afro-beat, Fusion, etc.

Heard of any of these bands?

I used to own a record store, and these are some deep cuts of my favorite deep funk, psych, latin fusion, afro-beat, psych, groove, and the like that I've come across over the years. Enjoy!

3 Replies

Thanks for sharing your favorite tracks. Why did you stop working in the record store? Too much competition from online marketplaces i guess. Anyway, about the playlist, i prefer a more consistent selection of tracks. Now its a mixed bag of all kinds of genres. I think the list would be better if you focus more on the funk, afro sound and leave the chilled headphone tracks out. 

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

The store unfortunately burned down!

Appreciate the comment. Might make some edits or split the playlist. I think the idea behind this at first was to create what I'd do at a DJ set. But eventually kind of added to it so it is a mix of some different genres for sure. 

Moved:

This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically "Avoid double posting". Any users posting the same content multiple times will have their posts removed. For more information please read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Reminder-Spotify-Community-Guidelines/td-p/4786834

Suggested posts