Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chillsongs: beautiful, relaxing and emotional collection. 375+ songs, 25+ hours.

Chillsongs: beautiful, relaxing and emotional collection. 375+ songs, 25+ hours.

Hi guys, about 20 years ago I made a mixtape for my high school sweetheart. I poured my heart and soul and all those overwhelming feelings of love a 17 year old adolescent has in this CD-R disk. She looked at it, put it aside and it not even came close to her stereo system...

To not make it go to waste I decided in a state of protest it was not going to be exclusive to her anymore, and I played it to some friends. Before I knew it I was making copies for all. And yes, eventually even for my crush.

Over the years, I have been adding favorites to this list and started releasing new collections, hosting it online on torrent sites to give back to the community.

Disrespecting the artists that made it all possible, I changed the mp3-file properties, so I could track it’s popularity on Last.fm. To my amazement it got of 125.000 scrobbles over the years, listened to by over 1500 users.

https://www.last.fm/music/Chillsongs

Under the title of ‘Chillsongs’ it got over 20.000 downloads on Demonoid. After that it has become my musical project, something that I want to share with the world.

On Spotify I cannot control song sequence, which I feel is important in music. The build op matters and not all songs were available. So I cut back my original MP3 list from 500+ songs to about 375.

My Spotify list is not nearly as popular as my MP3’s once were. But shuffling this list still gives me great joy. Music = life and this list represents mine. If you enjoy it even half as how much I do I think it will make you happy.

Any feedback or recommendations for similar music will be highly appreciated.

0 Replies

Suggested posts