Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ecuador experiments, NYC gets skramz'y and I'm head over heels for h_ngm_n (Math Rock Power Couples

Ecuador experiments, NYC gets skramz'y and I'm head over heels for h_ngm_n (Math Rock Power Couples

Ecuadorian mad scientists slay, NYC get skramz'y and the UK exports my new favorite band. Here's new Math Rock you should listen to this week.

Listen to the playlist here: Math Rock Power Couples

Let's talk about this week's new math rock

H_ngm_n: If you came up with pop punk and seamlessly slid into math pop like me then you're going to love this duo. They're cheery while digging with a post-hardcore edge and the occasional, well-timed breakdown. So excited to see what's next for this UK two-piece.

Foco: Foco is not worried about getting weird. From Ecuador, they make a solid contribution to the weaving, angular, instrumental math rock sub-niche. Their songs are focused and groovy but catch you off guard as soon as you get comfortable.

Lytic: Like the dark, chaotic and jilting side of math? Lytic - a screamo band from NYC (with alumni of Seatia and Off Minor) got'chu. These fellas throw down *hard.* Bands like Lytic aren't usually my cup of tea but their most recent split shows restraint for the hardest parts of their musicality. Now I'm hooked.

That's it for this week! Did you find a new math rock band to love?

We help promote emerging Math Rock two-pieces because we're also a math rock two piece. You can use that link to join our discord where you're welcome to share any of your songs with our community! We'd love to have you.

Jeff

Guitar/Vocals in Nurture Nurture

0 Replies

Suggested posts