Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

JE² Prog Sept ‘16: Math To The Core

JE² Prog Sept ‘16: Math To The Core

ACRAFTED2.png

SEPT_PROG_SPOTIFY.png

JE² Prog is a, handpicked, monthly playlist focusing on a different Prog subgenre or theme. (The Latest Mix will be on the Top and than every post below goes from oldest playlist down to the previous month.)

Prog Sept 2016 will be my last Prog entry. I've decided to go from EIGHT playlists (Pop, Epic, Alternative, Progressive, Electronic, Indie, Metal and Folk) each month, and  to FOUR (Metal, Pop, Indie and Folk). So for fans of this playlist you'll still find great Prog songs in my Heavy Rotation playlist.

For my last playlist I went with one of my favorite progressive metal genre's which is Mathcore / Chaoscore. What I love about this genre is the intentional chaos, for many it might sound like Noise but for me, at it's best, it's almost catchy.  

You'll find tracks from the best in the genre Converge, Dillinger Escape Plan, The Chariot and artists you've probably never heard.

21 Replies

Prog May 2015 places the spotlight on some of the best Mathcore.

MATHOFMETAL_SPOTIFY.png

Prog June 2015 places the spotlight on some of the best jazz influenced rock & metal and vice versa.

JAZZMETAL.png

Prog July 2015 places the spotlight on some of the best melodic prog metal.SHATTERINGTIMES_SPOTIFY.png

Prog Aug 2015 places the spotlight on some of the best Math rock.

COLLEGEMATH.png

Prog Sept 2015 places the spotlight on some of the best Mathcore.

JACKSON_POLLOCK_MATH_SPOTIFY.png

Prog Oct 2015 places the spotlight on some of the best jazz influenced rock & metal and vice versa.

JAZZMETAL2.png

Prog Nov 2015 places the spotlight on some of the best Technical metal.

METAL_GEARS_SPOTIFY.png

Prog Dec 2015 places the spotlight on some of the best jazz influenced rock & metal and vice versa.

JAZZMETAL3_SPOTIFY.png

Prog Jan 2016 places the spotlight on some of the best Technical metal.

TECHDEATH_SPOTIFY.png

Prog Feb 2016 places the spotlight on some of the best Mathcore.

JACKSONCHAOS_SPOT.png

Prog March 2016 places the spotlight on some of the best jazz influenced rock & metal and vice versa.

FUSING_SPOTIFY.png

Prog April 2016 places the spotlight on some of the best melodic prog metal.

BENDING_SPOT.png

Any recommendations for future mix's is appreciated.

BENDINGTIME_SPOT.png

Prog May 2016 places the spotlight on some of the best modern and old school guitar players.

JE² Prog is a, handpicked, monthly playlist focusing on a different Prog subgenre or theme. (The Latest Mix will be on the Top and than every post below goes from oldest playlist down to the previous month.)

TECH_SPEAKING_SPOTIFY.png

Prog June 2016 places the spotlight on technical / progressive death metal.

My interest in this genre starts with my initial induction into progressive rock. My father exposed me to the musie of "Yes", in my highschool years, and that started my love of complex, progressive music. When I got into metal it wasn't long that I started looking into the more complex corners of the genre. This mix is a collection of some of the best new tracks and some more obscure artists in the genre.

So if your a fan of complex and aggressive music, you'll find something to enjoy.

exploremathrock.png

Prog July 2016 places the spotlight on Mathrock bands including artists like This Town Needs Guns, Orchards & Minus The Bear.

I imagine a group of jazz students, in the 90's, who loved Rock but were tired of the 4/4 meter, creating Math Rock. In reality Math Rock influences goes as far back as the 70's with progressive rock band King Crimson and the punk rock band Nomeansno. 

I created this mix, because I love Math Rock and I want to give people a window in some of the best in the genre.

Really good playlists if your into Progressive Metal. It's too much metal for my taste, but still well-made lists!

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

Aug_Prog_SPOTIFY.png

Prog Aug 2016 places the spotlight on artist fusing Jazz with other genres be it Metal, Rock or Pop, including Pat Metheney and PanzerBallet. 

My father brough me into Jazz through Fusion artists and that love of jazz fused with other genres has stuck. This is a mix of some of the best new and obscure tracks that exemplify that. Oh and @Jazzwhatever you might find some tracks to enjoy.

hi i like your post that on your past now

Suggested posts