[Jazz] Post your Jazz Playlists in here.

Highlighted

Re: [Jazz] Post your Jazz Playlists in here.

Shake-a-Hoof
Roadie

Glad you like it, like I say follow the other one or save the tracks it will be completely transformed by 6pm, more on a Soul n' disco vibe

Highlighted

Jazzwhatever
Community Legend

@pabloortin8 Thanks for sharing, here's some comments: Why is it called Soul Kitchen? If it's meant as a jazz playlist for diner then i would rename it.

After the first 3 artists there's a dance/house track by Tom Misch, doesn't belong in here if you say it's a jazz playlist for diner. Also the tracks by Blazo and Kero One are more triphop-ish. (i liked Kero One btw) And Adele and Duffy are just pop so they can be removed too.

All in all there is no consistency in songs. Your playlist is a mix of traditional standard jazz and triphop/dance/pop tracks. I think a mellow jazzy triphop playlist would be far more interesting to hear.

Also the track by Justin Hurwitz is an uptempo big band track, pretty good but not while eating. 😄

Goodluck with making a better one!

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

Highlighted

pabloortin8
Music Fan
Thanks @Jazzwhatever

I will work on it.
Thank you so much!

I will keep on working.
Highlighted

GM62
Gig Goer
I make big label based playlists as well. I appreciate the work you put into this one and have really been enjoying it. Thanks
Highlighted

GM62
Gig Goer

Here is a playlist inspired by the one and only Slim Gaillard. 

Highlighted

GM62
Gig Goer

Soul Jazz. Mostly from the 60's.

Highlighted

GM62
Gig Goer

A couple of handfuls of early Bebop classics.

Highlighted

GM62
Gig Goer

Swing ain't stuffy! 

Highlighted

GM62
Gig Goer

That Devilin' Tune is a 36 CD overview of the History of Jazz from 1895-1950 by noted scholar/musician Allen Lowe. This collection is a companion to the book of the same name that was published in 2003. 

Highlighted

Jazzwhatever
Community Legend

@GM62 Thanks for sharing your playlists. You seem to have alot of knowledge of the older jazz from the 60s and older. I liked the devlin'tune collection. Would be nice if you could write something about the playlist next time. What is Devlin' tune?

i have no idea (and i'm a jazz lover).

Anyway, thanks for adding them in here!

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

SUGGESTED POSTS