[Jazz] Post your Jazz Playlists in here.

Highlighted

Re: [Jazz] Post your Jazz Playlists in here.

Rayzeo
Gig Goer

Some interesting stuff posted I've never heard before. I may as well post a couple I have- just mine, and almost no one listens to the really old stuff.

The first is really roots stuff- New Orleans and Chicago Jazz, represented by Louis Armstrong and Bix Beiderbecke (I remember meeting his drummer as a kid) and others, then some later Chicago style from the Eddie Condon gang.

spotify:user:rayzeo:playlist:2iRh946rXkZECshqXFkO0J

Then there's some Hard Bop, my favorite style overall. Art Blakey, Freddie Hubbard, Monk, Coltrane, Miles. I was really pleased to find the tunes "Mr. L" and "Flutie" (Yusef Lateef on flute), which were on an odd record album I had from way back and never thought I'd hear again.

spotify:user:rayzeo:playlist:7uXvl52TCkJaiviUliVYHa

So that's my 2 pesos.

Rayzeo

(Edit: I guess there are a few in the first one that have disappeared. Bummer. I also get a kick out the fact that Eddie Condon's "Fidgety Feet" is flagged as explicit. Eddie would have gotten a chuckle out of that.

Highlighted

Jazzwhatever
Community Legend

@Rayzeo Thanks for sharing. I quite liked the Dixieland playlist, altough it's not my favorite jazz genre. I hope you will finetune the playlist, 17 songs is too few and don't add too many songs by the same artist (louis armstrong, bix b).

Bytheway, i checked your profile and was amazed that you follow no one on Spotify. Why is that?

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

Highlighted

Rayzeo
Gig Goer

Thanks Jazzwhatever. Oh, those playlists were just a collection of a few tunes I like. I tend to put together playlists that last about an hour. Maybe I have a short attention span- perhaps it's just time limitations- like to get through a list in one sitting.

I'm very un-social network savvy. I don't even know what's involved in following. I just search for stuff and sometimes stumble on some good things. Thanks to you and others for sharing.

Rayzeo

Highlighted

Jazzwhatever
Community Legend

@Rayzeo The reason for me to follow people is that i like their music taste. Via their profile i can sometimes find other kinds of music. Also i have made some 'music friends' with this function. Because of one of this connections i could enter a special area of these forums and everntually became a Rockstar. I followed someone else and we have a jazz show for dutch radio together. So, you never know what following somone leads too. 🙂

Highlighted

ucb2016
Regular

Here is the one I made. I don't know much about Jazz but was introduced to these names while reading some Beat Literature

https://open.spotify.com/user/1251680365/playlist/4GcNjCVbdbWidYserFaasN

Highlighted

GM62
Gig Goer

I listen to and love the old stuff. Give a listen to my Swing Brother Swing playlist. Althoughthe styles changed, I pretty much like music from all genres after electric recording came into being (starting around 1925).https://open.spotify.com/user/mosseye/playlist/691PyuUIapQo8SwdkCGlaO

Highlighted

capasa605
Casual Listener
Highlighted

Jazzwhatever
Community Legend

@ucb2016 Thanks for sharing. I checked your profile and i really like your dopesick playlist, good theme and content. Well done!

Highlighted

Jazzwhatever
Community Legend

@capasa605 Thanks for sharing. Interesting list, only don't add whole albums by one artist, try to add 1 or 2 songs max by 1 artist. The list contains some unknown jazz artists. Looks good so far!

Highlighted

FunkishAudio
Roadie

@Rayzeo 2 nice ones!
I never listen to the really old Jazz because it sounds so dated, and the recordings aren't so great. But, the music is wonderful, so thanks for putting it together.
I bet it would have been fantastic to hear those guys live in 1922.
I wonder if the Hard Bop from the late 50s, early 60s will ever sound so dated? But, right now I don't think so because it's such timeless sounding music. And, the recordings (especially the Rudy Van Gelder ones) are impeccable.

SUGGESTED POSTS