My first playlist ever, "Saturday" - check it out, hope you like it

My first playlist ever, "Saturday" - check it out, hope you like it

gsoul3
Gig Goer

This is my first playlist ever, I called it "Saturday" because the type of songs I chose remind me of cruising around the town solo or even with some friends or just you and that special someone riding around as you go different places throughout your city having a good day. I really hope ya'll like it. 

4 Replies

Re: My first playlist ever - check it out, hope you like it

Rock Star 1
Rock Star 1
Hey thanks for posting. One suggestion I'd put the playlist title and theme in the post title. Just saying it's your first doesn't give any idea what it is. Also, as you mentioned it was your first, did you want feedback from the more veteran curators?
JESquareRock Star 1
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Re: My first playlist ever - check it out, hope you like it

gsoul3
Gig Goer

Hey Jason, thanks for reaching out and yea I see what you mean about putting the title of the playlist in the title of the post. I'll remember that for next time, and yea I'd appreciate feedback on it, too. 

Re: My first playlist ever, "Saturday" - check it out, hope you like it

Rock Star 1
Rock Star 1

So some feedback.

1. You can tell you've curated the mix. The songs blend well, they all feel cohesive and align with your theme. I think that's always key, so many just slap songs into a list, and that's fine for personal use but if you want to share some more care should be shown.

2. You've done only 13 tracks and on sites like 8tracks and traditional playlists that's perfect. I've found with Spotify people tend for larger mix's. This isn't a must but some say 25 tracks is a good minimum. I think what happens when you start creating 100 plus mix's is you get quantity over quality but that's up to you.

3. Titles' are key. I've found they are always hard for me I go back and forth from a clever a title and one that is explicit in what the mix is about. I've recently tended toward the more obvious but still trying to add a twist.

I'd say just keep up what you're doing, this is very much a "subjective" art and any advice is just that so make sure you do it because you love it.

JESquareRock Star 1
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Re: My first playlist ever, "Saturday" - check it out, hope you like it

gsoul3
Gig Goer

Thanks man, I really appreciate that. It's good to know about the 25 minimum and I may add more songs to it, but will make sure to not at least exceed 20-25. I definitely agree with you on the 100+ songs playlists, so I don't plan on to make any that large.

Also, I definitely am doing it cause it's cool to be able share my musical taste and be able to make cool cover art for them like the "Saturday" playlist and two others that I've made after that, but yea I definitely would like to be able to reach people though so I can know that someone's listening and enjoying it other than me too lol, you know.

SUGGESTED POSTS