Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist FAQ - Your Questions Answered

Playlist FAQ - Your Questions Answered

We've noticed quite a few of you have questions about Spotify Playlists scattered around the Community. 

So we've read through your posts and created a Playlist FAQ for you all. Hopefully this will help you find, create, edit and share playlists easier and faster. 

Once you've created your masterpiece, be sure to share it with us here in the Playlist Exchange

How do I make my playlist public on my Spotify profile?

You can make your playlists 'Secret' or 'Public' in just a few clicks. 

Desktop:

1. Right click the playlist.
  2. Select 'Make Public'.

playlists.png

From your phone:

1. Find the playlist

2. Click the three-dot menu button on the right

Screenshot_2015-11-02-13-55-49.png

3. Select 'Make Public'

You can always change the status of the playlist back to 'Secret' at any time.

How do I search for public playlists on Spotify?

If you're looking for another playlist curated by another user, this is also quite easy.

1. Select Search from the main menu in any device.

2. Type in the mood or genre you're looking for e.g. 'Running', 'Indie Rock', 'Roadtrip'.

3. Search results are sorted by "TOP RESULTS", "SONGS", "ARTISTS", "ALBUMS", "PLAYLISTS", PROFILES'.

4. Scroll to "PLAYLISTS". 

Screen Shot 2015-11-02 at 2.02.46 PM.png

5. Click "PLAYLISTS' to see more options.

1.png

Do other people see if I play their playlists?

The creator of a playlist is not notified if you play their playlist. They will only be notified if you Follow the playlist. 

Your Followers can also see the playlist you're l listening in the Friend Feed. To keep this private go to your Desktop App > Preferences > Turn off 'Publish my activity on Spotify'.

How do I edit my playlist cover photo?

You can personalize your playlists on the Spotify Desktop app. Click here for a step-by-step guide

How do I view my playlist/ listening history on Spotify?

This isn't a current feature on Spotify. However there is an idea in the Idea Exchange which can vote for here: "Usable History". We'll post in that thread if there are any updates.  

How do I get more Spotify followers?

The best way to get Spotify followers is to curate great playlists. The top place to share those playlists with our users is in the Spotify Community Playlist Exchange. For some tips on creating successful playlists click here

127 Replies

trying to open a shared playlist link to spotify from a website.   

https://open.spotify.com/user/radioguychris/playlist/7m0D5SPpXTu0CoksBD10XP?ref=wp

doesn't do anything but open the spotify startup page.  

I've found his playlist on his account,

but am wondering what he was thinking...seems like his approach should work.  

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.  

There is not an option to make make my playlist secret on android.How can I hide them on my profile?

If there is not a way already. There should be a way to find other people's playlists based on songs that I already  have in mine.

For example: I have a rap station and if I go into that station be able to click an option of playlists similar. But it would show other users playlists in order from most amount of same songs to least amount. 

I still don't see how to embed a playlist on here.

edit: solved.

Spotify

last.fm

Rateyourmusic.com

SoundCloud

My Favorite Tracks of 2015

If I helped, mark my answer as solution to help other users solve similar issues, please don't forget to send kudos if you like any answers.

What is a Rock Star and how you can become one? Click here to find out!

Buenos días. Necesito saber como descargar todos las canciones que tengo sin conexión en el dispositivo móvil a mi ordenador sin tener que volver a buscar y descargar todas.

Gracias

Hi Meredith - I am new to the community! Can't believe I've been a premium user for 4 years and I am just learning about this cool place to interact with other music lovers! 

So my initial question is: why can't I see who my playlist followers are? I onlse can see I have '10 followers" on a playlist but not sure to see who they are? 

Thanks!

DJD

Need help!!!

In 2010 I bought a song, my question is, if now I want to download it what can I do??
Spotify doesn't return my money.

Is there a way to see who follows your playlist?

Hey there, I'm a newcomer here 😉

I'd like to ask a "Playlist" question.

Can others users see the way I arranged the songs in my playlists or they just see the songs by the date I added them to my playlist? Although I arrange the way I want the songs to appear (alphabetically or by artist), other users cannot see that, is there a way to fix that?

Hello @Brats and welcome to the community

Users can see your playlists the way you arrange them when you create them. For that you need to create your playlist in 2 times.

1 - You create first a private work in progress playlist. You arrange your tracks the way you want, alphabetically, by date, by album etc..

2 - You create a second playlist. You title it the way you want. You select all the tracks of your first playlist and you drag them on the left column of the desktop on the title of you new playlist. The tracks appear the way you have ordered them in the 1st playlist. You make this 2nd playlist public and users will see it the way you have arranged it.

3 - now you can delete the work in progress playlist.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi All, I'm new to the community, although a member of Spotify since its creation back in 2006. At this stage I'm a Premium Subscriber. I have a passion for music that has stayed with me throughout my life.  Moving through different methods of listening to music from old vinyl 78s to the launch of MP3s in 1992 then onward and upward to streaming via Spotify. I have over time created some 30 Playlists and made them Public each time. Yet have no followers! I believe that approaching the age of 66 in March that I have a wealth of Music knowledge, which I have attempted to share through my Playlist Creations. I use the name ALLSORTS in my Playlist titles to hopefully attract followers. Sadly to no avail.

I also took the time to create a playlist from the Published Book " 1001 Songs To Hear Before You Die" which I broke down into Decades. I thought this would interest Spotify Members again nothing. I'm sure I have something to offer.

i know the community will be the judge as to wether my Playlists are considered good- bad - or indifferent. But how do I reach the community?

i have looked at the Playlist Exchange welcome page, but cannot find any instructions as to how I get my Playlists into the Exchange. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

if you do read this rendition of War & Peace as it is so long. The least I can do is say " Thank You "

Kind Regards

nigelannlouise

Thank you very much for the tips! I will try it right now. Do you also happen to know if there's a way to "select all" tracks in order to drag them because when I select with the mouse doesn't allow me to select them all, just 10-20 and then deselects.

Thanks in advance 😉

@Brats

Normally to select a block of tracks, you have 2 ways :

1 - you left click once on the 1st track to highlight it.

2 - on your keyboard you keep shift + arrow down till the last track you wnat in your block. Once the block is highlighted, you keep left click anywhere inside the selection and you drag it to the playlist you want.

or you can select also all tracks by : one left click on the 1st track and in the top left menu of the desktop : Edit + Select all (Ctrl + Q)

SoundofusSpotify Star

Thanks a million again for the instant reply 😉 You're very helpful!

@Brats

You are welcome 🙂

SoundofusSpotify Star

Need Help with a replaced Spotify Playlist

Hi, everyone! 🙂

Anyone knows the Titles that were in this Playlist:

"MAXXIMIZE With Blasterjaxx"  (https://play.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/2D5Mnk6YSNETZIrW5nZ5o9)

I think it should be the MAXXIMIZE NYC Mixtape from Blasterjaxx

It was replaced without saying by the playlist "Oliver Bus Tour" and i couldnt save the songs before...

If you use the Search Function Spotify still shows the Playlist and its cover but if you click on it, you will get to the "Oliver Bus Tour" playlist

Thank you all for your help 🙂

playlist_cover.PNG

https://open.spotify.com/user/defalconnystr%C3%B6m/playlist/74041Apo2SPHpkXNuFe2uh my own playlist of drum and luv - all sub-genres included enjoy 🙂

Help, I can no longer find the "Nice & Easy" channel in the "Focus" genre as of this week!  

It's very difficult to find a good playlist to get creative work done and I've come to rely on that playlist to work through projects on tight deadlines. Is this playlist permanently off?? How can I find out what the songs on that playlist were?

Thanks,

Very Distraught

Suggested posts