Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist FAQ - Your Questions Answered

Playlist FAQ - Your Questions Answered

We've noticed quite a few of you have questions about Spotify Playlists scattered around the Community. 

So we've read through your posts and created a Playlist FAQ for you all. Hopefully this will help you find, create, edit and share playlists easier and faster. 

Once you've created your masterpiece, be sure to share it with us here in the Playlist Exchange

How do I make my playlist public on my Spotify profile?

You can make your playlists 'Secret' or 'Public' in just a few clicks. 

Desktop:

1. Right click the playlist.
  2. Select 'Make Public'.

playlists.png

From your phone:

1. Find the playlist

2. Click the three-dot menu button on the right

Screenshot_2015-11-02-13-55-49.png

3. Select 'Make Public'

You can always change the status of the playlist back to 'Secret' at any time.

How do I search for public playlists on Spotify?

If you're looking for another playlist curated by another user, this is also quite easy.

1. Select Search from the main menu in any device.

2. Type in the mood or genre you're looking for e.g. 'Running', 'Indie Rock', 'Roadtrip'.

3. Search results are sorted by "TOP RESULTS", "SONGS", "ARTISTS", "ALBUMS", "PLAYLISTS", PROFILES'.

4. Scroll to "PLAYLISTS". 

Screen Shot 2015-11-02 at 2.02.46 PM.png

5. Click "PLAYLISTS' to see more options.

1.png

Do other people see if I play their playlists?

The creator of a playlist is not notified if you play their playlist. They will only be notified if you Follow the playlist. 

Your Followers can also see the playlist you're l listening in the Friend Feed. To keep this private go to your Desktop App > Preferences > Turn off 'Publish my activity on Spotify'.

How do I edit my playlist cover photo?

You can personalize your playlists on the Spotify Desktop app. Click here for a step-by-step guide

How do I view my playlist/ listening history on Spotify?

This isn't a current feature on Spotify. However there is an idea in the Idea Exchange which can vote for here: "Usable History". We'll post in that thread if there are any updates.  

How do I get more Spotify followers?

The best way to get Spotify followers is to curate great playlists. The top place to share those playlists with our users is in the Spotify Community Playlist Exchange. For some tips on creating successful playlists click here

127 Replies

@Korovay This thread is for questions regarding playlist's, the playlist exchange is for posting/sharing your playlist's good luck with it.

@What_is_Soul Oh thx!

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

@Jarrydtauber As explained above and in title this thread is for questions and advice on Playlists. If you select new message and post your playlist there it will be put at top of wall rather than at end of thread.

good luck with you effort's 

If you enjoy the post give it Kudos, if I've helped you, accept as a solution, Thanks.

Hi,

Can anybody tell me why I am still recieving the following message when trying to copy my playlist link/spotify url even when I am following the instructions given?

2016-05-18.png

Thanks 🙂

@MHTON

If you're trying to paste in a PC or laptop you need to paste into link button in the tools, copy into top two boxes and then post you will then see the playlist, you won't see it if you select preview 

see link it's at top of thread Sharing playlists

If you enjoy the post give it Kudos, if I've helped you, accept as a solution, Thanks.

Follow me on Spotify or Playlist.net

@aticimuraad

All playlist are private until you make it public 

Turn on all notifications in settings you done get them all but will tell you who follow playlist, don't always work, very hit and miss, mine has worked for weeks and I've just realised my notifications link on desktop Spotify has disappeared.

good luck with it 

Meredith, i was listening to Spotifys own 90s list and there was this one song that i cant find on it anymore. Can you help me find out which it was? I've checked your 90-99 lists.. And i cant find it. Check my post on the forums, there are some clues.

Where do i do that?

Just download the song over Spotify , but spotify cant give you ypour money back

Hi guys!

If you want to listen fresh,good music,please follow my playlist 🙂 You wont regret the following,Im sure 😉 FOLOOOOOW PLEASE 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/station/user/11134281511/playlist/2tqP3YTlXgc31bM2tVSldN

Did Spotify change its Discover Weekly algorithm?

I was getting consistent solid music week after week but then all of a sudden it changed. It has been pretty terrible for me for about 2 months. I will only like 1 or 2 songs on DW on a good week. I also feel like I am hearing the same songs over and over and over again. It is nothing like what I listen to either. It is a shame because I was hooked for so long and looked forward to Monday but not anymore.

Follow @ladonsyl and my new playlist and hit me up with a message and i will be right behind you!

https://open.spotify.com/user/ladonsyl/playlist/3lh4zDmCE5FmTw921Da5Wb

You can go to your profile picture (if using the Android version), then hit the middle tab 'Followers'. Hope this helps.

On https://community.spotify.com/t5/Playlist-Exchange/bd-p/moodplaylists

This looks like the right format  to me but it keeps telling me I need to enter a valid format.

I'm feeling rather dumb, what am I missing?

http://open.spotify.com/user/headey/playlist/4dslK7YxrUI8VRxyh1Wf3U

spotify:user:headey:playlist:4dslK7YxrUI8VRxyh1Wf3U

Hey @headey,

Put this one in the form:

spotify:user:headey:playlist:4dslK7YxrUI8VRxyh1Wf3U

And then click the ? icon. That will validate the link, and then you should be able to post it.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

🙂

Brill.

That worked. Thanks.

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

On https://community.spotify.com/t5/Playlist-Exchange/bd-p/moodplaylists

There is...

a search box which seems to find posts all sorts of Spotify pages

then

"Find Playlists for You"

followed by a few dozen clickable tags which bring up relevant submitted lists.

Shouldn't there be a search box where I can type what I'd like to look for?

I'm on a web page on an Android tablet.

Thanks

Suggested posts