Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist FAQ - Your Questions Answered

Playlist FAQ - Your Questions Answered

We've noticed quite a few of you have questions about Spotify Playlists scattered around the Community. 

So we've read through your posts and created a Playlist FAQ for you all. Hopefully this will help you find, create, edit and share playlists easier and faster. 

Once you've created your masterpiece, be sure to share it with us here in the Playlist Exchange

How do I make my playlist public on my Spotify profile?

You can make your playlists 'Secret' or 'Public' in just a few clicks. 

Desktop:

1. Right click the playlist.
  2. Select 'Make Public'.

playlists.png

From your phone:

1. Find the playlist

2. Click the three-dot menu button on the right

Screenshot_2015-11-02-13-55-49.png

3. Select 'Make Public'

You can always change the status of the playlist back to 'Secret' at any time.

How do I search for public playlists on Spotify?

If you're looking for another playlist curated by another user, this is also quite easy.

1. Select Search from the main menu in any device.

2. Type in the mood or genre you're looking for e.g. 'Running', 'Indie Rock', 'Roadtrip'.

3. Search results are sorted by "TOP RESULTS", "SONGS", "ARTISTS", "ALBUMS", "PLAYLISTS", PROFILES'.

4. Scroll to "PLAYLISTS". 

Screen Shot 2015-11-02 at 2.02.46 PM.png

5. Click "PLAYLISTS' to see more options.

1.png

Do other people see if I play their playlists?

The creator of a playlist is not notified if you play their playlist. They will only be notified if you Follow the playlist. 

Your Followers can also see the playlist you're l listening in the Friend Feed. To keep this private go to your Desktop App > Preferences > Turn off 'Publish my activity on Spotify'.

How do I edit my playlist cover photo?

You can personalize your playlists on the Spotify Desktop app. Click here for a step-by-step guide

How do I view my playlist/ listening history on Spotify?

This isn't a current feature on Spotify. However there is an idea in the Idea Exchange which can vote for here: "Usable History". We'll post in that thread if there are any updates.  

How do I get more Spotify followers?

The best way to get Spotify followers is to curate great playlists. The top place to share those playlists with our users is in the Spotify Community Playlist Exchange. For some tips on creating successful playlists click here

127 Replies

Did you change your profile to a family setting? Ive seen a ton of people's discover and other playlists have changed due to the new family plan

Festival Fanatic
25m ago
Did you change your profile to a family setting? Ive seen a ton of people's discover and other playlists have changed due to the new family plan"

I'm confused. What is this in response to?
And, q to anyone, how am I supposed to tell? To me all these comments seem a jumble.

Thinking of signing up 1- does the 3 month for 99 cents include family plan 2- i see lots of posts about facebook what does face book have to do with this 3- do you take the money every month on same day or do you take a year at once 4- i see people hve concerns about doubble billing 5- is the music downloaded to my tablet so i can listen when i am not on wifi and how many devices can i use on my account thank you

Hey @armstrong1974,

The promo does not include the family plan. It's a monthly payment, after the promo ends. With a premium account you can download music to 3 of your devices for offline use.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Great house playlist for deep house lovers, music geeks and tech house enthusiasts. Check it out

https://open.spotify.com/user/11166334863/playlist/2XpCNdxl3NeGB6p2lLQXJm

This is really helpfull. 
I'm having trouble embeding Playlists in this Forum. I can't success on pasting the proper link/code and getting the Player to work. Can you help me?

Follow me

Kidloom is an App developer and music producer.

Hi.

I'm trying to publish my playlist here, but it just gets stuck at "please select a tag"

I cant click it even though i've filled in the appropriate tags for the playlist.

Any suggestions on how i should move forward?

I have searched the place on how to sort playlists on my desktop in alfabetical order. I have been successful in doing this on phone and tablet, but not desktop. Anyone who can help me out? 

I have more than 65 amazing playlsits.

All variety of songs categorized in different playlists. From playlits of oldies which vary between the party oldies, the very throwback oldies, the more chilled oldies to the most recent songs which i classify into my folder called season´s hits. Ive got a few followrs for now but i woudnt mind a few more!

So go on and checck them out on blanca.bauza 

spotify:user:blanca.bauza:playlist:2SG4l8S2fTDK2jDklqqcUE

The cover of my WINTER playlist. EnjoyyThe cover of my WINTER playlist. Enjoyy

Hi, I'd really love to share my playlist with you, but I can't figure out how to get it likes yours onto the comment? Like the full list.

Please follow and I will follow you back 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/user/12127767887/playlist/0DMKMchRPLCESKXeXQ5eYH

Go to Your Library, then hit Share, choose which social media app you want
to share on and enter your comments. Then hit Post and send as normal. Hope
this helps. I sent your playlist as an example. 😉

Follow!

AfricanDrumsInTheBush.jpg

In case you still haven't listened to or heard about Afropop/Afrobeat; the new sound gradually taking over the world of music, let me reintroduce it once again. Afropop music is a sound and a movement, music and a state of mind. It's the joyous awakening of a continent from a colonial nightmare and the crushing realization that the nightmare isn't over yet, anguish and happiness whipped together with traditional drums, cheap guitars, and even cheaper amps. From early in the 21st century, a new type of sound, originating in West Africa, has become increasingly prominent in African popular music [Afropop] .This sound was initially referred to simply as 'Naija music' after the common slang term for Nigeria, but has become known as Afrobeats. This name echo's Afrobeat, the 1970s fusion of jazz and traditional Ghanaian and Nigerian music which is an important influence. The Afrobeat is different and special; an interesting mixture of traditional Nigerian Music and highlife, Hip Hop ,Dancehall , American funk music among many other different styles of music.

https://open.spotify.com/user/21me2k7nbg3mit7cdjfeakkly/playlist/4Xzsz53qpmyUKkaLxJjLNm

NOTABLE AFROPOP ARTISTS;

D'banj , 2Baba,  P-Square,  j BOLD , Davido , Sarkodie , Wizkid , Mr Eazi,  Fuse ODG Tekno , Ayo Jay...

How do I follow a running playlist so I don't have to browse/search for it every time?

Hi!

Is spotify still going to continue doing playlist contests? They are a really good idea to get the community involved... we didn't even see who won the the last one. 😕

Thanks 🙂 

-thestarling-

Spotify, what about offering something like "Recommended Playlists" based on songs in the current playlist.  This would be similar to what you're currently offering in terms of "Recommended Songs" at the bottom of a playlist.  This seems like such a no brainder idea to get people in touch with one another who have very similar interests in music.

Suggested posts