Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist FAQ - Your Questions Answered

Playlist FAQ - Your Questions Answered

We've noticed quite a few of you have questions about Spotify Playlists scattered around the Community. 

So we've read through your posts and created a Playlist FAQ for you all. Hopefully this will help you find, create, edit and share playlists easier and faster. 

Once you've created your masterpiece, be sure to share it with us here in the Playlist Exchange

How do I make my playlist public on my Spotify profile?

You can make your playlists 'Secret' or 'Public' in just a few clicks. 

Desktop:

1. Right click the playlist.
  2. Select 'Make Public'.

playlists.png

From your phone:

1. Find the playlist

2. Click the three-dot menu button on the right

Screenshot_2015-11-02-13-55-49.png

3. Select 'Make Public'

You can always change the status of the playlist back to 'Secret' at any time.

How do I search for public playlists on Spotify?

If you're looking for another playlist curated by another user, this is also quite easy.

1. Select Search from the main menu in any device.

2. Type in the mood or genre you're looking for e.g. 'Running', 'Indie Rock', 'Roadtrip'.

3. Search results are sorted by "TOP RESULTS", "SONGS", "ARTISTS", "ALBUMS", "PLAYLISTS", PROFILES'.

4. Scroll to "PLAYLISTS". 

Screen Shot 2015-11-02 at 2.02.46 PM.png

5. Click "PLAYLISTS' to see more options.

1.png

Do other people see if I play their playlists?

The creator of a playlist is not notified if you play their playlist. They will only be notified if you Follow the playlist. 

Your Followers can also see the playlist you're l listening in the Friend Feed. To keep this private go to your Desktop App > Preferences > Turn off 'Publish my activity on Spotify'.

How do I edit my playlist cover photo?

You can personalize your playlists on the Spotify Desktop app. Click here for a step-by-step guide

How do I view my playlist/ listening history on Spotify?

This isn't a current feature on Spotify. However there is an idea in the Idea Exchange which can vote for here: "Usable History". We'll post in that thread if there are any updates.  

How do I get more Spotify followers?

The best way to get Spotify followers is to curate great playlists. The top place to share those playlists with our users is in the Spotify Community Playlist Exchange. For some tips on creating successful playlists click here

127 Replies

Everytime I copy embed code and insert here, my playlist doesnt show as a playlist with a player button. Just shows the code linked. How does one make it appear as an actual playlist like it appears on the actual Spotify App? Thanks

Hi m081u5, 

1. Copy the URI (not the embed code) from your Spotify playlist. 

2. Go back to your Spotify Community post and click the "insert code" button (right beside the photos button)

3. Paste in the pop-up box the "insert code"

Should work. Let me know.

Follow me

Thank you. It Worked 🙂

Won't allow me to paste a Spotify URI/URL link of my playlists?!?

Recurring error message!

For anyone who knows what this feels like. Here is your ticket out of despair 

https://open.spotify.com/user/1230183993/playlist/0DjzL2BKT36aAaXbjkKJXy?si=2BiDK4J5S5GPp7C5uzQFPg731DCF42-AEFF-4757-AC5B-FB459388FDB4.jpeg

I’m looking for the ZE:A Continue playlist. i used to see it but not anymore. Can help to confirm if this is still available and how to add it? Thanks 

Not sure if this was answered already but I fell in love with a playlist that spotify made one day only to discover that it had changed the next day! Is there a way to find that previous playlist or am I just out of luck??

We all in Mexico loves this song please bring it back

https://open.spotify.com/track/2cGegMxW5DXmIHOEh5kHCw

<iframe src="https://open.spotify.com/embed/user/dj-galactic/playlist/2tYJ79sZEzeOwkblUlRUl5" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

Is there a way to filter out certain artists from playlists so their songs are omitted?

Nope

Spotify.png

It means how many characters you have left to type.. 😉

I was hoping it meant something like how many people had discovered my playlist & were enjoying it.  Oh well.  The truth hurts sometimes, right?  Thanks for bursting my bubble . . . I mean, thanks for taking the time & trouble to answer.

it's not important how many people listen to your playlist. The most important thing is that you enjoy your playlist

Suggested posts