Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist FAQ - Your Questions Answered

Playlist FAQ - Your Questions Answered

We've noticed quite a few of you have questions about Spotify Playlists scattered around the Community. 

So we've read through your posts and created a Playlist FAQ for you all. Hopefully this will help you find, create, edit and share playlists easier and faster. 

Once you've created your masterpiece, be sure to share it with us here in the Playlist Exchange

How do I make my playlist public on my Spotify profile?

You can make your playlists 'Secret' or 'Public' in just a few clicks. 

Desktop:

1. Right click the playlist.
  2. Select 'Make Public'.

playlists.png

From your phone:

1. Find the playlist

2. Click the three-dot menu button on the right

Screenshot_2015-11-02-13-55-49.png

3. Select 'Make Public'

You can always change the status of the playlist back to 'Secret' at any time.

How do I search for public playlists on Spotify?

If you're looking for another playlist curated by another user, this is also quite easy.

1. Select Search from the main menu in any device.

2. Type in the mood or genre you're looking for e.g. 'Running', 'Indie Rock', 'Roadtrip'.

3. Search results are sorted by "TOP RESULTS", "SONGS", "ARTISTS", "ALBUMS", "PLAYLISTS", PROFILES'.

4. Scroll to "PLAYLISTS". 

Screen Shot 2015-11-02 at 2.02.46 PM.png

5. Click "PLAYLISTS' to see more options.

1.png

Do other people see if I play their playlists?

The creator of a playlist is not notified if you play their playlist. They will only be notified if you Follow the playlist. 

Your Followers can also see the playlist you're l listening in the Friend Feed. To keep this private go to your Desktop App > Preferences > Turn off 'Publish my activity on Spotify'.

How do I edit my playlist cover photo?

You can personalize your playlists on the Spotify Desktop app. Click here for a step-by-step guide

How do I view my playlist/ listening history on Spotify?

This isn't a current feature on Spotify. However there is an idea in the Idea Exchange which can vote for here: "Usable History". We'll post in that thread if there are any updates.  

How do I get more Spotify followers?

The best way to get Spotify followers is to curate great playlists. The top place to share those playlists with our users is in the Spotify Community Playlist Exchange. For some tips on creating successful playlists click here

127 Replies

Yeah, I know.  It seems nobody else is looking at it.  You're right, I still enjoy it just the same.

Hi Grampa,

Haha yeah, wish that was true. 🙂

No worries! Have a good day

What are the best ways to promote your playlist other than the Playlist Exchange?

When submitting a playlist to the playlist exchange, it asks you to pick a tag and won't let you post at all if you don't choose a tag. I've created a couple of classical piano playlists which doesn't even remotely fall under any of the tags. Is there any way to bypass that step or create custom tags? 

https://open.spotify.com/user/1a4cwzivpxq98sy7vkx9w5qce/playlist/3gHZ59vQoAqeWLCgs87h87?si=XG0cth4CS...

Hey Folks

As i saw, there no option for tagging a playlist "Techno" on the exchange. As it is a very common genre right now, is it possible to add that tag?

Or do i miss something and it is already available but i might not seeing it?

Best

Hello Everyone!  

Today is my first crack at participating in the community and sharing a playlist... and I hope I cracked an initial mystery other new folks might encounter... getting the Playlist URI to actually post... vs incorrectly entering the longer URL.  So, if I have it right... it is basically the same link except that you delete all the bits up to and including the question mark (?) from right to left... that is the URI of your playlist to enter.  Then it should post without a problem... I hope... worked for me anyway.  In my Playlist URL, below... everything up and including the question mark you see was deleted (just before the O).  I hope that is helpful... and why not enjoy my happy playlist while you are at it 🙂 

https://open.spotify.com/user/ckjohannes/playlist/06TxJMQ85F2mYsxsrEm5rO?si=rvSjhvwaQMmpgk8PCVnugg

Hi!

Please, how to add playlists to post body?

https://open.spotify.com/user/lulufountain/playlist/1AIl7aoFrQ5SZnSsnCA0pC?si=BEwp0lkXSxqIKfDbO09YtQ

My big rap / hip-hop playlist which I update regularly, including Travis Scott, Tyler the Creator, Asap Rocky, Drake, Frank Ocean and more!

Please follow 🙂

Can't verify I'm a human to this site. What's the problem?

Trying to post a new subject but it is saying my link isn't valid, I've read help topics saying remove everything after the ? and tried everything I can think of?

Does anyone have the blog on how to post a playlist?

Suggested posts