Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

RE: One-Hit Wonders

RE: One-Hit Wonders

I recently listened to Spotify's One-Hit Wonders and found that it was very poorly put together. I understand the desire to put together a playlist like this and excitedly pushed play on the playlist without even looking at the tracklist. But hearing artists like ZHU, Ol' Dirty **bleep**, JUSTICE, and Jet on this playlist is just flatout disrespectful to these artists and all the great music that they've put out. 

I've complied this playlist to showcase some bangers, singles and renowned tracks released by a few of these artists.

1 Reply

Your playlist is pretty accurate, but I have to disagree on some picks. For example: If you look on the Billboard Hot 100, which is the most relevant chart The Raconteurs´s only charting song was "Steady As She Goes" on number 54 , even though I also like other songs from them this is their only hit song. Deee-lite wasn´t one hit wonder, because they had song called "Power of Love" which reached number 47, but their biggest song "Groove Is In The Heart" reached number 4, so it completely overshadowed it. Also some artists could have more hit songs, but not in US, so that doesn´t count. However, what is Jet doing here? "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" charted on number 29 and "Look What You've Done" on number 37. Both singles received Gold certification from RIAA. Spotify, please.

Suggested posts