Randomize songs in playlist

Highlighted

Randomize songs in playlist

Roadie

Hi all,

I've created quite a few playlists in the past already, so I know the basics. However, I recently created a new playlist with only Dutch artists (this is actually not relevant), which is now about 8 hours long. At the moment, the tracks are mainly in the order in which I added them to the playlist. I'd like to randomise the order of the playlist, but not by hand (8 hours is a lot of songs!). Does anyone know a quick way to achieve my goal?

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Randomize songs in playlist

Roadie

Hello PeeJay !

Actually you can't really randomize the song in your playlist, but there's a few tricks that should probably help you : 

You can change the sorting of your playlist, so the songs are not anymore sorted by "Recently added" but alphabetically of by artist's name. You can find more info about sorting here.

Alternatively you could just hit the "Shuffle play" button, or make sure that the randomize button (this one) is activated and not greyed out.

Hope it helps you !

Highlighted

Re: Randomize songs in playlist

Roadie

Thanks, yeah I know about those options. Of course shuffle always works, but ideally I'd like to randomize the tracks so that the listener doesn't need shuffle to enjoy the playlist!

SUGGESTED POSTS