Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs That I'm Supposed To Like But Can't Stand

Songs That I'm Supposed To Like But Can't Stand

Here's a list of songs that I dislike that fit under one or more of the following categories

1. Bad song from a good band. Example: I like Slayer but there's a song called Exile that I really dislike because of the inexpert and awkward soloing,
  2. Super popular song that has driven me on the edge of ripping out my hair or is just stupid or bad. I've decided to omit stupid pop and rap songs because I don't listen to either of those genres in copious amounts and therefore don't have artists that I particularly dislike more than your average prototype for modern music. Songs that I have heard people I respect defend that I don't like are even better for this playlist.
  3. Songs from a band that I have gotten grief about for disliking. "Oh you don't think Tenacious D is funny what's wrong with you?" "Well I think they are unnecessarily sexual and vulgar and that makes them too predictable to be as funny as they're heralded as" and so on
  4. Song from an artist that is similar to an artist I like. For example, I like Necrophagist for a myriad of reasons, but musically they are similar, at least in the view of the mainstream music community, to Cannibal Corpse, a band which I have also gotten attacked for disliking

Fight me 🙂

Argh

Sincerely,
Me
2 Replies

Hello @xenon82,

Except to be masochist, what is the goal to spend time to create a playlist of songs that you dislike? 😄 😄 😄

Isn't it more positive to share songs you like ? 🙂

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, xenon82

I definitely agree about disliking songs, because they're sexual or vulgar, otherwise, though I, personally wouldn't add them ro my playlist, especially if the vulgar language is in the title.

I have a playlist with a similar concept to yours, but it's for ridiculous songs, although, I haven't messed with it that much. There's probably too many for me to add. It's just the basic songs. It's really just to have, if anyone wants to have some laughs.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/72rt2Oq4FgGgHCytK2zuAq?si=fXNmu0JZTUK0cIdns61IFQ&utm_source=copy-l...

Your playlist sure has a lot of good songs, like "Paranoid", "Breaking The Law", and "Enter Sandman", just to name a few. It sucks that you got turned off to them, because you obviously like Rock and Metal.

Follow me

Suggested posts