Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sweet metal playlist

Sweet metal playlist

Hey all! I'd like to share my metal playlist with you! I fill it with the fastest metal I can find! Enjoy!
http://open.spotify.com/user/kongumahri1/playlist/7ja4zLv3DDyIBTA6jzrhu1
11 Replies

I like the playlist! I'm inspired. Be back in a bit.

Sincerely,
Me

Enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

Metal

Sincerely,
Me

What a nice playlist, I loved it! Can you please check mine also?!

https://open.spotify.com/user/leodreyer/playlist/3BooZhfTYASRDa6j6VP6x7

Cheers!!

Leonardo Dreyer

I like it! I'm assuming from the title that the goal is to solely include old stuff, so here's my thoughts on that.

Old-school metal playlists, in my experience, cannot function without the music of the following

1. Judas Priest
  2. Slayer
  3. Helloween
  4. Black Sabbath
  5. Dio
  6. Motorhead
  7. Metal Church
  8. Megadeth
  9. Manowar
  10. Blind Guardian
  11. Yngwie Malmsteen
  12. Ozzy

And many others that were conceived in the '80s or 70's. Also I would consider going lighter on the Puscifer, Rammstein, Wolfmother (great but not old), Velvet Revolver (awesome but not old), Mutemath, End Of Fashion, EODM, Matchbook Romance, Disturbed (relatively new), Eighteen Visions, The Killers (not old), Circa Survive (not old), and a few others that just don't really fit a playlist full of classic rock and metal. Also I would STRONGLY consider taking the Motionless In White out for a myriad of reasons, the least strong of which being they don't really fit the theme of the playlist. Other than that I really like it, good job! Keep up the great work! ๐Ÿ™‚

Sincerely,
Me

Enjoy!

Sincerely,
Me

That's true, some songs that I have on this playlist can't be old rock/metal specifically. But I have added them into it because they're like that stuff or genre. Anyway, you know so much about bands and genres, that's cool.

Good to see your opinion dude! ๐Ÿ™‚
Leonardo Dreyer

Thanks! I really like your playlist ๐Ÿ™‚

Sincerely,
Me

@Kongu Hi, thanks for sharing. I like the idea of the 'fastest metal i can find'. Maybe you can rewrite the title, instead of fast metal make it: The Fastest Metal Playlist On Spotify, or something ๐Ÿ™‚ One thing, don't add more than 6 songs by the same artist, try to pick the 2 best of each artist. It makes the list better. Artist suggestion: morbid angel (if you want death metal in the list) 

spotify:track:0lHI8w0X4cTEDR0dLBEWel

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

@leodreyer Thanks for sharing that list. Some comments: Make the title more specific, Old Rock and Metal can be MANYkinds of music. I don't find it a very inspiring title, i would suggest Old Rock from the 80s or Metal for My Grandmother or something ๐Ÿ™‚ The songs on the list are too varied, strokes, black sabbath, matchbook romance, pink floyd, bon jovi?? Who are you trying to reach with this playlist, too many people i am afraid.

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

Thank you for your opinion @Jazzwhatever! I'll try to think about a different name inspiring on that. Those songs are like in the same "mood" you know, It's a kind of songs that I indentify myself at all.
Anyway, you've helped me a lot ๐Ÿ™‚
Leonardo Dreyer
Moved:

This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically "Avoid double posting". Any users posting the same content multiple times will have their posts removed. For more information please read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Reminder-Spotify-Community-Guidelines/td-p/4786834

Suggested posts