Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The Musical Chain. Wanna join?

The Musical Chain. Wanna join?

Hi Spotify Friends,

I'd like to start a new playlist which works as a musical chain. This means that each song is somehow related to the previous and the next. The links in the chain could be anything, from similar type of music or same country of origin to another band of same band member or related song title. You get the idea! I could do this all by myself, but it would be much much nicer if this great (and knowledgeable) community could participate and suggest original links. That way, I am sure we'd end up with a fantastic chain to listen to.

If you're keen to participate or have any ideas, give me a shout.

Allow me to start with a song from the first album I ever bought (on vinyl!) way back in the 1970s:

Blondie - Hanging On The Telephone

spotify:user:jeehbeeh:playlist:0493EoGZtMSX2SLG0iuHLt

26 Replies

I'd love to join!! This sounds really cool.

If I helped you, likes please!
If I answered you, Accept as Solution!!
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check out my backstage interview

https://open.spotify.com/track/1TfqLAPs4K3s2rJMoCokcS

Clem burke from blondie played drums with eurythmics while blondie were disbanded in the 80s

Cool fact. I have just added Who's That Girl to the list. I do not think Clem Burke plays on this track, but close enough.

Thanks

Great you want you join. Any links to Who's That Girl by the Eurythmics?

Does it have to follow a genre/artist?

if not...

Are You Gonna be my girl?  by Jet

Anything's possible, but a description of the link would be great. In this case, is the word 'girl' the link?

whoops! my bad. scratch that.  Some Girls by Bananarama.  Siobhan Fahey was part of the original Bananarama trio, but left in 1987 (the year Wow, the album Some Girls was on, was reissued) after marrying Dave Stewart, from Eurythmics.  Also, both songs feature "girl"

just saw the playlist links, i think ive done messed up. sorryyyy

No worries, I'll squeeze in Some Girls.

Can you add new york new york by frank sinatra

Bananarama had a hit with 'robert de niros waiting, robert de niro starred in a film named new york, new york.

Hey sorry just saw the updated list
How about iggy pop has an album named skull ring, keith richards is known to rock a skull ring at all times thus can you add anything by the rolling stones, your choice

I like!

I'll add Sympathy For The Devil.

Nice idea! Could you add spotify:track:1dDqZHBtKoIk5G6OdyASx3

The devil made me do it, by Paris. Refering to the rolling stones track. 🙂

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

Excellent choice. Reminds me of the top era of rap: Public Enemy, Boogie Down Productions, Naughty by Nature, NWA, etc.   

@A_Music_Buff bytheway, i can't play the track by the rolling stones on your playlist. Don't know why, but it skips. Was wondering if thats only on my computer, or maybe its a local track?

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

No problems on my home and work PC, and it's not a local track. All 124 wooh-woohs are as they should be!

Hi Megan,

It is your turn.  :-))

Here are a couple to follow sympathy for the devil.

Devil Inside - INXS

Temperature Rising - UnchainD

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions, but .... the list has moved on to track 8: Negresses Vertes - France a Ses Dimanches. It would be fantastic if you could think of a link to this particular track.

Cheers!

Suggested posts