The Rolling Stones' other singer...

Highlighted

The Rolling Stones' other singer...

Roadie

As a life long Rolling Stones & Keith Richards fan, I felt compelled to write a post celebrating the life & music of Keith Richards. You can read it at http://www.funkish.audio/keith-richards-rolling-stones-guitar-player/.

In the entertaining book Life, Keith Richards details many of his exploits during the 60s & 70s. He’s a true bohemian & world class partyer. Definitely read Keith Richards Life for the classic rock & roll party stories and great Keith Richards quotes.

I always said Keith Richards was my favorite rock & roll star, and after reading the book, I had a whole new appreciation for the man & his music. He is the heart of the Rolling Stones. It might seem that they don’t matter anymore, but the influence they had on music is enormous. Their songs are timeless.

Listen to the Spotify playlist below of Rolling Stones songs (and some solo ones) on which Keith Richards takes the lead vocals from Mick Jagger. These are some of my Rolling Stones’ all-time favorite songs!

Keith Richards plays guitar & sings too...Keith Richards plays guitar & sings too...

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: The Rolling Stones' other singer...

Rock Star 19
Rock Star 19

@FunkishAudio

The best introduction to Keith Richards is the must-to-see documentary : "Keith Richards : Under The Influence" where he talks about the recording of his last solo album and unveals his influences.

Complete playlist soundtrack here

SoundofusRock Star 19
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Roadie

Nice one, thanks! I look forward to getting the film, and listening to your Keith Richards influences playlist...

Highlighted

Roadie

@Soundofus Thanks for the heads up on the Keith Richards documentary on Netflix. Wow! What a great show!

Highlighted

Roadie

Great playlist!!!

I just miss one song (maybe the best one of them all) "This Place is Empty" from "A Bigger Bang". His vocal performance is fatastic on that track and he sounds so old and so cool, and thats what he is. You should consider adding it for me 😉

Mick Jagger is a great singer with an original style and as a singer he is a far bigger influencer than Kieth. Both are great songwriters. But Keith stand out as the top rock-guitar-playing influencer ever. And his not even good at it! Thats what I call creativity! His sound and tuning and all the riffs changed the story or rock & roll over and over. Maybe a playlist with the best riffs from "Honkey Tonk Women" to "You Start Me Up". And why not include some followers like "Black and White" (Micheal Jackson) or "Rebel Rebel" (Bowie) There are plenty to choose from.

Best

j. Roland  (House producer with a rock ´n roll heart)

ps. Here is a link to my House cover of Bowies "Heroes" 

https://open.spotify.com/track/42jlA3wer0VV1S8Ju8RAZA

My old rock friends hate me for this one. Complete murder, they say. .-9

SUGGESTED POSTS