Announcements

my profile cannot be found on spofity search...

Highlighted

my profile cannot be found on spofity search...

Casual Listener

Hello,

for some reason i now cannot be found by my user name (andy sampson) when searching in Spotify. i am not sure why this has changed as i used to be found no problem before. instead i can be found when entering my user ID (1253127885), but this is not particularly useful!! i am logged in through Facebook. does anyone have any ideas?

For your trouble i have added a playlist of mine below for your aural pleasure 🙂

thanks

Andy

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: my profile cannot be found on spofity search...

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hi @andy_sampson and welcome to the community! 

When you log in with facebook, Spotify generate URI link for your profile / this 10 digit number / 

This URI is used for search or direct to your profile. The usernames can`t contain "space" in it, and because your facebook name have, it cannot be used as a URI. 

The same is with the songs, when you copy the URI, it shows random numbers and letters 

Unfortunately there are nothing you can do, neither do Spotify.

MartinStoichkovRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

thanks Martin.

Do you know if it is possible for me to log in without facebook and change my user name to remove the space? or am i kind of stuck with it now and would need to create a whole new profile?!

Highlighted

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

You`re welcome @andy_sampson!

And yes, you have to create a new profile, can`t change the facebook details for your username. 

You can create new profile, with email and username, and easily transfer all your playlists to your new profile, by simply drag and drop them to the desktop.. It creates a browser link to the album, then you can log in with your new profile, and drag and drop the playlist back in the desktop app.

That would be helpful for you, if you decide to create a new profile : ) 

Cool songs by the way, thanks for sharing with the Community! 

I think I have a playlist similar to yours, that contains house/electronic tracks ; ) 
spotify:user:11135969204:playlist:3RjCi9HVk02pRcK6h3MckY

MartinStoichkovRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS