Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I turn off ads in podcasts?

Solved!

How do I turn off ads in podcasts?

Hey! So I have a premium account and these ads is ruining the whole experience with listening to pods. How do I turn them off?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I pay for my subscription. Every month since 2015. The main reason I am a paid-for subscriber with Spotify is so I don't have to hear NEVER any kind of ads.

Dear Spotify, I am a Premium member. You made a promise to me that if I became a Premium member, I wouldn’t hear ads. I’m hearing ads on podcasts. Please, fix it!

View solution in original post

28 Replies

Hi, Unfortunately, it is not possible to remove ads from podcasts even if you have premium. The injection of ads is something that is left to the individual podcasts hosts. 

Marked as solution

I pay for my subscription. Every month since 2015. The main reason I am a paid-for subscriber with Spotify is so I don't have to hear NEVER any kind of ads.

Dear Spotify, I am a Premium member. You made a promise to me that if I became a Premium member, I wouldn’t hear ads. I’m hearing ads on podcasts. Please, fix it!

I agree. Sadly these kind of services is beginning slowly to be greedy. A paid sub is not enough anymore.

See Netflix. Now they talk about the cheapest paid membership to have ads and that you have to pay even more to get rid of ads.

Soon I'm going to say hi again to PirateBay sadly...

While I agree with both of you guys that this can be frustrating, unfortunately, this is a decision made by the individual podcasts hosts/publishers and not a decision that Spotify has direct control over. 

I have been having ads that ARE seperate from the podcast. They have their own clips, and it even says "advertisement from ---". These are not embedded into the show, they are seperate. I had three seperate advertisements that played before my show started. I pay for premium, and I have for years.

What gives?

Yeah, no. It's not up to the individual hosts. The UK podcast I'm listening to just gave me an ad for the Canadian City of less than 100,000 people that I live in.

It's just lies to hide the fact that they wrote in the fine print that an extremely popular section of the app was exempt somehow from an "ad free experience." They know they can double dip by playing ads to Premium customers because they accepted the terms and conditions.

As long as Spotify isn't giving them any money from my premium subscription, I'm alright with this.  Are these getting paid for my view along with the revenue from my advertisements?

EXACTLY ! I listen to Joe Rogan experience sometimes and I'll check my phone and the add is and isolated audio file. It plays just as if a song came on. It has it's own title and playtime and when it's done it returns to my 120min audio file.

I totally agree! I'm feeling the same! The more time pass, the more I see that period of my past life coming back both for video and music.

I can understand that the podcast owner wants to make more money and it makes sense you let them add ads, but it's ridiculous that Spotify has the possibility to hide that adv to paid members (since it's an external track) and you are going around this without even listening to your users.

Shouldn't stop passing the buck on this issue? I'm paying for Spotify Premium for the removal of adv, and this is a feature you developing for the podcaster ignoring your paying users. Doesn't it make more sense to move this feature behind Spotify Subscription as we do for songs? Am I not paying to remove ads from Spotify operated by Spotify?

I have to agree. It's madness that we have to endure commercials on podcasts that is produced by Spotify. I thought my subscribtion would give me an ad-free experience. Same on you! 

It is a real shame that Spotify is passing the buck on this one by claiming it is up to the podcast creator as to whether ads are turned on or not. The truth is that there is an Ads delivery platform built by Spotify that is serving ads to premium users.  It is simply a money grab and that feels dirty.

I pay a monthly fee, happily, so that I don’t have to endure advertising - regardless of whether that content is music or a podcast. I have also noticed that some of the ‘music’ i listen to - soundscapes for relaxation and meditation - is starting to be put out as podcast episodes because i imagine the extra income is a no brainer for some creators.

You should at least give premium users the option to turn off ads on podcasts. Or, to exclude content that has ads from search results. It is only fair that we have such controls, since our premium fees already pay for the content we want to access and that payment is primarily to remove ads. 

ummm strange. i don’t see ad playback in my settings. i’m using the app rn

@Spotify please fix this ASAP! 

insane that we pay and still got to listen ads from podcasts!!!

My problems with the Ads are localized Ads, that just play the same ad over and over, often back to back! Especially if youre listenting to podcasts thats not that long and the next episode comes up, it starts with the same commercial and ends with the same commercial... "THING THING HELLO THING!:.. THING ... .because THIIIIIIIIIIING...THINGTHING":..HELLO THiNG THING !... etc. " (example to illustrate the repetitiveness of already mediocre commercial, that are really repetetive on their own,) these commercial grinds my patience, like listening to a skipping cd stuck on one word, "heyheyheyheyheyheyheyheyheyheyheyheyhey" at it gives you that skipping cd to listen to for 4 minutes per episode, and the last ad goes two times in a row, giving you 4 minutes of contineous cd skipping.  Ill glady pay 3-4 dollars more a month to not have to endure that micro noise torture 4 minutes every 30 minutes or so. 

Same thing here mate.

It's crazy because it's one of the most discussed topics.. should I open a new thread from scratch since this is wrongly marked as solved?

I just got an ad with a 5 second skip countdown… There needs to an option for no ads on podcasts, i don’t care if I have to pay more, This is poor business practice and is ruining the consumer’s experience on Spotify. This is not what ‘premium’ means.

I figured out that you can fast foward through the ads

Suggested posts