Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Year, New You? - The Mental Health Hub

New Year, New You? - The Mental Health Hub

It’s that time of year, once again.

You know, the time when nearly everyone is talking about dramatically resetting their life? It's January. 

But what if we told you that there's a better way of thinking about your new years resolutions? That you can strive for improvement instead of perfection? And that you can give yourself a gift for the price of FREE?

That gift, dear Spotify podcast community, is the Play Your Part: Mental Health Hub–a Spotify hub specially curated to help listeners tap into their mental health and inspire to combat the stigma around mental illness.

No matter your subscription, you can access this hub of mental health-related episodes, resources from nonprofit partners such as the National Alliance on Mental Illness, and more.

When you're done listening through some of our favorites, we recommend transitioning gently into some meditation with some of the ambient music we've added to the hub. You can find all that from the hub by clicking on the Wellness chip at the top of the page.

mental health hub.png

To get you started, we recommend checking out two of our new guest-curated playlists, Mental Health Reset from NPR’s Life Kit and You’re Doing Amazing, Sweetie from "Terrible, Thanks for Asking" host Nora McInerny.

Now tell us, which podcasts are helping you reset, or take care of your mental health for the new year?

3 Replies

Thank you for sharing this. I just scrolled through the hub and I'm really impressed with the variety and relevance of the content and curation. I'll be bookmarking this and sharing it far and wide. Please pass on my/our appreciation onto the team behind the initiative 💚

Hey there, I totally agree that the start of a new year often brings about a lot of pressure to make drastic changes in our lives. It's great to hear that there's a different way of thinking about resolutions that focuses on improvement rather than perfection. I also love that Spotify has created the Play Your Part: Mental Health Hub as a resource for listeners to tap into their mental health and combat the stigma around mental illness. It's so important to prioritize our health and seek out mental health treatment when we need it. Having access to resources like this hub can make a huge difference in our lives.

I think we all can relate to feeling the pressure of making big changes in January, but what if we approached it differently this year? Instead of striving for perfection, we can focus on making small improvements to our mental health and well-being. And if you're looking for additional resources to support your mental health journey, I'd also like to mention Individual Health Insurance. They ibgportland.com offer a variety of insurance plans to meet your individual needs and budget. As someone who has struggled with mental health in the past, I think it's so important to combat the stigma surrounding mental illness.

Suggested posts