Accidentally Added to Family Plan

Accidentally Added to Family Plan

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I was helping somebody sign up for a family account today, however, since I was already logged into Spotify on the device, it accidentally added ME to the account instead of the other person. How do I go about restoring my original Spotify Premium monthly purchase and removing myself from the family plan?

Side note: I think Spotify should have some sort of e-mail contact for these issues rather than just a forum.

Thank you!

3 Replies

Hey @x00x00, I'm here to help!

To confirm and help further, you've accidentally upgraded to the Premium for Family plan and want to downgrade back to the individual Premium plan, or did you accidentally become a member of a Premium for Family plan?

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have a solo Spotify Premium account.

My friend was being added to his family plan, but I was logged into the device. So, instead of updating his account, it added me to their family plan instead.

I would like to go back to my regular Spotify Premium account without being part of their "family" plan.

Hey @x00x00!

Thanks for confirming that for me. In this case, please ask the owner of the Premium for Family plan to remove you from their plan.

Afterwards, you should be able to upgrade back to your old plan here.

I hope that helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts