Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account created in different country can't join Family plan

Account created in different country can't join Family plan

I upgraded to Premium for Family plan and wanted to add my family members, however it turned out that I couldn't add an existing account for a family member. I suspect this is because the account was originally created in a different country, where the family member was living at the time - I changed the country on the account, but it still can't be added to the plan.

Is this an intentional restriction? If so, it's patently ridiculous - people and families can and do move countries. Other than creating a new account for the family member, is there any way around it?

3 Replies

Hey there @MrGrouse,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. No worries - we're here to help!

If a family member you wish to add to your Family plan signed-up for their Spotify account while travelling abroad, they should be able to change the country settings once they have returned and join your plan. Head here to learn how to change the country settings.

For full information on Premium Family, we'd recommend taking a look at this support article.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This "family" thing really is not about families as families move around. Whoever thought this up was obviously not thinking clearly. Other music services do not do this. I am disappointed.

Hi I’m abroad on holiday with my family and have had Spotify premium for a considerable time and not really made use of it. I finally have time to sit down and invite my family so we can also listen to music on holiday and it won’t allow it. It is ridiculous. What is the solution as if we have to wait to return home this is a very stupid rule. 

Suggested posts