Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding a person with their own Spotify account to a Family plan.

Adding a person with their own Spotify account to a Family plan.

Plan: Premium

I am a trying to change my subscription to a Family plan since we have several people in our house. 

3 individuals have their own individual accounts that they pay for on their own. I didn’t realize we could be under one account. 

When I sign up for the family plan, my concern is this:

Will each individual keep all of their playlists that they created when on their own personal account, when they move over to my family plan?  I’m sure having to recreate their playlists wouldn’t make the kids very happy. 😂.

If they are able to move over to my plan, what do they do to cancel their plan so they don’t have to pay individually any more? Again without losing their playlists.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Country USA

Device

(iPhone 11 pro)

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hi @1221169804,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

You can sign up for the Premium Family plan here, and then invite the other members of your residence by following the steps provided in this support article. Each person on the plan uses their own account, so no one shares a password and everyone keeps their own saved music and playlists.

When the members of your residence accept your invite to join the Premium Family plan, they will be added to the plan when their current billing period runs out (they can view their renewal dates by logging in to their account page and scrolling to “Your plan”). They won't be charged for their accounts any further, as their payments will instead be handled by the plan owner (the person who started the plan).

Note that if members of your residence have a Premium account created through any other company than Spotify, they will need to contact that company to cancel before signing up to Premium Family; and if their subscription is through iTunes, please see Apple's instructions for cancelling.

Feel free to also check this Q&A article for more information about the Premium Family plan.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts