Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding albums to playlists

Adding albums to playlists

Plan Family

Free/Premium premium

Country Australia 

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.). iOS, Windoews

My Question or Issue

I have been using Spotify for years and have always added albums to playlists.  That feature seems to have disappeared - from iPad, phone and desktop.  Where has it gone and how do I fix it?

4 Replies

Hey @Scotbret

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

You should still be able to add albums to your playlists. 

Just to confirm, what exactly happens when you try adding them to your playlists? Would you mind sending us a screenshot of what options you see when you open an Album > tap on the 3 dots? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Attached photo from my ipad.   Those 5 are the only options.  If I add to library it just saves it, I can't add it to a playlist.   I've just gone into my desktop browser and that is working ok, but the ipad App is definitely not.  There is no update due on the app

IMG_7912.PNG

Hi there @Scotbret

Thanks for your reply. 

We can confirm that this is currently being tested. We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app that other users don't, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. 

In this case, you can add your feedback to the comments in this thread so the relevant team can take a closer look. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Your answer makes no sense.  Your original response said I should be able to do this, and now you say you are testing new things, that I might have that others don’t.  Your responses are contradictory.  As a premium user, I would like the function that I have used for literally years - so if you are testing this on me, please restore it to what I have been using and paying for.  

Suggested posts