Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Address doesn’t match

Address doesn’t match

I have a premium account and trying to add my daughter but the address doesn’t match, I have tried every option, there is even an address that is ours but when we select it it says address doesn’t match. Please help, otherwise it’s pointless having a family premium account.

we have tried via the web and the ap and cleared all cookies etc.

Top Answer
Ivelina

Hey folks,

Thanks for taking the time to post in this thread!

There seem to be other users experiencing the same issue at the moment so I recommend checking out the details in @Maxim's post in this other thread. If you've got any updates or details to share, you can comment there.

In the meantime, the Community's here in case anything else comes up.

Have a good one 🙂

11 Replies

Hey @CHigham,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please share the exact error message that appears? 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same issue 

Same here

Same here

Same here

Hey folks,

Thanks for taking the time to post in this thread!

There seem to be other users experiencing the same issue at the moment so I recommend checking out the details in @Maxim's post in this other thread. If you've got any updates or details to share, you can comment there.

In the meantime, the Community's here in case anything else comes up.

Have a good one 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am using the same address on both the main account and the account that i am adding in the family plan but i keep getting You need to live at the same address error. I tried to change the address multiple times but it wont work.

I’m getting the same error. Just joined Family Premium, went to add my daughter and now it says the same exact address is invalid. 

Same issue. It has worked for me in the past. Now I am trying to add my younger son and keep getting the message that you need to live at the same address, when the addresses are indeed the same. My guess is there is a temporary issue with address verification. Hopefully someone at Spotify notice soon and update this thread

Same here. Even the original address I entered is no longer recognised as a valid address. This is really annoying!

People have been having this issue since May. I’ve been told to update my address and then copy it exactly to my daughter. BUT it can no longer find my address and so no one can use Spotify because no address matches. I am the plan owner, I’m also the one adding my daughter by logging in as her on a different device so I KNOW I’m entering the correct details. I should have stuck with iTunes or Amazon Music cos this is not worth £20 a month. 

Suggested posts