Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ads during podcasts with premium account

Ads during podcasts with premium account

Plan - Premium

Country - Australia

Device - Android

In the last two days I have been getting ads while listening to JRE. There are threads full of irate people dating back to early 2020, with moderators responding with deliberately vague answers and finger pointing at the content creators. The default mod response is “While Spotify doesn’t play ads to Premium subscribers, some podcasts might have third-party ads within their episodes”.

The ads I'm experiencing are not baked-in, they are first-party Spotify ads occurring in the middle of the podcast that are independent popups titled as an advert with their own countdown timer. The Spotify system is actively delivering these ads not the content creators. 

How do I/we fix it? Is this going to continue being a problem?

Thanks

2 Replies

Hey, @Matt__C 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

That sounds odd, indeed, but we are going to help you out with it...

Could you give me more information about the issue you're experiencing? Are you getting ads only when listening to podcasts or even when listening to music too? Could you take a screenshot or a screen recording of what happens when you get ads on Spotify?

Last but not least, could you confirm that your account is with an activated Premium subscription? You can check it on your account page right here.

Keep me posted! I'd love to continue helping you out 🙂

Stay awesome!

Regards,

Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Luan,
I Have confirmed my subscription (Spotify Premium Family), there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it. This is only happening in podcasts, and it only occurs every now and then. I shall grab a screen shot next time it happens, JRE podcasts are long so it may take a while, I will keep you posted.

Remaining awesome,
Matt

Suggested posts