Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Google Home Mini For Family premium subscribers in Canada

Solved!

[All Platforms] Google Home Mini For Family premium subscribers in Canada

Hey! I think it would be awesome if Family premium subscribers could get the google home mini as well! You allowed it in the US, UK and France! What about Canada?!? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Just jumping in here to confirm that our latest Google Nest Mini offer also included Premium Family subscribers in Canada.

In case you've missed out this time around, we recommend to keep an eye on spotify.com as we're always looking for ways to bring great deals to you!

We've now closed this thread, but if there's anything else you need a hand with feel free to start a new topic in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

24 Replies

A free google home mini, you say?  Not if you have a family account which actually costs more than the basic premium account.  Sounds to me like Spotify Canada WANTS to make less money.

Unless I see a free google home mini, it will be bye bye Spotify, hello Apple Music!

#spotifail

There are 6 pages of comments in the account thread.... I cannot believe that Spotify has not even bothered to respond to this absolutely ridiculous omission for Canadian Family plan customers.  Shame on you Spotify

Shocked that I pay for Premium and am not receiving this Google mini offer because I have Premium Family --- and I pay MORE than a regular Premium account. Love Spotify & Google, but not so much any more. You've dropped the ball on this. Hoping you rectify the situation.

Lol they don't care, I've spoken to 2 representatives and the only way is to cancel your subsciption, upgrade to single premium, redeem the promo then upgrade back to family.

Or you cancel someone out of the family, they upgrade to premium, and get them to redeem the promo.

Such a hassle just be cause we're on family, and I don't understand why.

Hey Spotify you've really dropped the ball here! Why did you exclude family plan premium members? You need to fix this!!

Google mini & Spotify match perfect! Hopefully also family members could receive this gift!

Ridiculous, have to downgrade my plan which won’t end for another month by the time the promotion is up or all the products are gone. Great job 👌🏻. Been with Spotify for years and this is the **bleep** that happens.

Its really frustrating when you change the shuffle button to only play recently added songs on the library. I currently have somewhere around 3500 songs which I have all saved to my library, but not organized into playlists bexaussits way to mich work. Now instead of getting random songs from 2 years ago now I only get like the 100 most recent songs ive added played. Very very annoying when shuffle doesn't actually shuffle properly....

It's pretty uncool that family plan members are excluded from this promo. What does spotify have against families? Eh? 

I have had Spotify since the day it came to canada, and had premium for almost 5 years and kept it for most of that time. I switched to family premium to get my family to try spotify, and because of this I'm not qualified for this offer? Seriously? Spotify, you need to remedy this or you're going to lose a lot of people's subscriptions.

this makes no sense I already pay for the family plan now I have to downgrade pay less to get something u guys r giving away for free? #fixup @__spo__

Every thread found on this topic is bursting with angry customers such as myself. even 11 pages deep.  

I cant believe Spotify will let their best paying customers leave, and we will because this is an insult. 

I will gladly pay competitors a premium for virtually the same service. 

Spotify better fix this and quick.  

I would like to remember Spotify that I'm supposed to have the same benefits as a Premium user! It's written on my account page.

Screenshot_2019-04-10-13-03-32_2.png

Does anyone have the phone number for Spotify?  

Yeah this is BS, I was subconsciously hoping we were going to get it when they announced it for USA but I guess not. This is how much they value your loyalty folks!

Updated on 2019-04-13

Marked as a new idea 🙂

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just saw Australian Family Subscribers get google home mini's for free.

So literally every country that Spotify has offered the mini to included the family subscribers, except Canada.

Just cancelled my subscription. Screw this I'm out.

I'm from Canada and have the family plan, I was soooo happy when I saw that there was a Google device for premium members but seeing that it was only for single accounts and not family it honestly hit me pretty hard. It would be great if the offer was for family accounts in Canada too.

Interesting idea.

Suggested posts