Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All information deleted, including Playlist (hacked or technical issue)

All information deleted, including Playlist (hacked or technical issue)

Hello All,

I'm experiencing technical issues and I need your help, please.

I have a Premium (Family) account; I use my Facebook profile to login. I have another free account, linked to the other email <Email address - Moderator Edit>. Until last Thursday (2/22/2018) everything worked fine. However, yesterday, I logged into the Spotify and the app required to enter my login/password again. By mistake, I entered my free account instead my Facebook credentials.

It seems strange: the playlists, friends and other information linked to my paid account (from Facebook) appeared, I do not know why, despite I have entered my other account. Please note, all my family accounts stopped working. By accessing my desktop account, I realized that all information and family users had been deleted. Ok, I realized that I had accessed the incorrect account (free); logged out. Hence, I have entered my correct account in the app, from my Facebook (paid). However, all of my playlists, friends, followers, etc. had been deleted, which I took about three years to do. On the desktop, I was able to restore (and verify) the playlists I made in the past years, but I could not recover my artists, playlists I follow, friends, followers, etc. Everything has been erased.

I've invited my family back and the accounts are working fine, with all the information kept. The specific issue is related to my account.

I cannot afirm if my account was hacked (I find it very difficult) or if there was a technical issue. I would sincerely like to have my account recovered, with all its features, including playlists, friends, followers, etc. You should have these recorded on your servers.

The monthly service is expensive and I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply

Hey @andreraggi, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

Sounds like someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page here, for the next steps we'd recommend taking.

The right team will reunite you with your music shortly!

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts