Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Am tring to connect my account with family members

Am tring to connect my account with family members

Hello, Am trying to connect my account with my family members, and after I entered the addres i got ” there was a problem, please try again later “ , i tried more then twice times but no luck, I NEED TO FIX THIS.

19 Replies

Hey @76b83c-_zj4a, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

First, make sure that the family members reside at the same physical address as the plan manager. Once you've confirmed this, go ahead and try again using a different browser or private window and let me know if that helps. 

If you're still having trouble with this - attach a screenshot of the error message you're seeing so I can take a closer look at what could be happening. 

Let me know how this goes!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, i am getting the same issue, I’m trying to add my dad to the family plan and I just get the “there was a problem…” I’ve been trying for days and I just cant make it work.

Hi @Lawralpz7

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Could you ask your dad to try accepting the invite again from an incognito window and a different device?

If that doesn't do the trick, we suggest using a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference. 

Let me know if it works!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hi, I'm having similar problem. I'm a manager of Duo plan, but now I've received an invitation to Family plan. When I'm trying to join and after confirming the address I see message "There was a problem..." I was trying to cancel my duo monthly subscription first but it doesn't work. I've tried this trick with incognito window as well, no change. Is there something I need to do first?

Thank you for a help. 

Hi @Łabi, thanks for writing.

What message do you get when you try to cancel your Duo subscription? Have you tried doing it from other devices?

Please make sure you're following these steps:

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/cancel-premium/ 

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hi, thanks for your answer.  I can cancel duo plan without any problem, but I cannot join family plan. I was trying before canceling duo and after and the same message appears: "There was a problem please try again later".

Hey @Łabi,

I'm sorry about that. Could you please try again, this time using different browsers in your computer? Don't forget to clear cache/cookies before.

Hope this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hi, I'm sorry, but unfortunately this also doesn't work... I've tried on different laptop connected to different wifi, using different browser. Always after confirming the address this message appears.

Please see some facts, maybe will be helpful:

- I was managing Duo plan. Now I've canceled subscription and the plan will end 29.Oct.2022

- Family plan is managed by my family member, I just have an invitation to join

- Other family members already joined, only I have a problem

- Duo plan was initially set at different address, but now I moved and before I canceled Duo, I've changed address on my account for the same one as I have in the invitation to Family plan

- I'm from Poland

- I was trying to accept invitation using 2 different phones, normal and incognito browser, also using laptop in normal and incognito browser, still the same error. 

Please advise how to proceed, I would like to keep my account to not loose the history. 

Maybe I can contact any spotify employee in Poland? But I didn't find any. 

Thanks a lot for your help. 

Hey @Łabi, thanks for your reply.

Now I get it. You aren't able to join the Family plan because you have to wait for your current Premium to end. When it does, just try again and it will work.

And don't worry, you will not lose your history 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Great, thank you so much! So I should start from all these information, would be easier 😊 I'll wait till end of the current premium then and let you know if it works 😊 Thank you again and have a nice day!

Hey @Łabi, you're welcome!

Keep me in the loop 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Bonjour, 

J'ai un problème similaire. J'ai reçu l'invitation de ma maman pour rejoindre l'abonnement family. Lorsque je valide l'adresse postale, cela me met que je dois habiter à la même adresse et qu'apparemment j'essaie de me connecter depuis un autre pays que la Belgique. Or, je note la même adresse que ma maman et je suis en Belgique. 

Pouvez-vous me dire quelle démarche faire ? J'ai déjà tout essayé (4G, essai avec un autre portable, en mode incognito,...)

Bonjour @Laurie-30,

Have you been taking part in another Premium Family plan during these last 12 months? If not, you can go ahead and update the Address on the Owner account and try sending an invitation link again.

Make sure you're log out everywhere, following the instructions here. After that, open the link that you've received on your e-mail again. Click Accept Invitation, once you do that - you will be redirected to the account page, where you'll see confirmation screen. Enter the correct details and slick Submit.

Let me know how it goes!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Bonsoir, 

Merci pour votre réponse ! 

Je me suis déconnectée en suivant les instructions. J'ai de nouveau fait la démarche en inscrivant l'adresse, etc. Spotify me dit encore que je dois habiter la même adresse. Et qu'il semble que j'essaie de me connecter depuis un autre pays alors que non.

On avait déjà un abonnement family mais suite à un changement de carte Visa, on a dû le renouveler. 

Je ne sais pas ce que je peux faire de plus... 

Merci pour votre aide

Bonjour @Laurie-30,

In this case my suggestion is that you double check if there's any VPN installed in your devices - I don't see any other reason why Spotify would send you this message telling that all of accounts in the Family Plan have to be signed up in the same country (which you say is the case, right?).

Anyway, you can check the link bellow for more information related to country settings:

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/country-region-settings/

Hope this is more helpful!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Bonjour 👋  

J'ai essayé ce que vous m'avez dit et rien ne change. Cela marque toujours le même message : "vous essayez de vous connecter depuis un autre pays..." alors que je suis dans le même pays et à la même adresse... 

Je ne vois vraiment pas ce que je peux faire..

Merci pour votre aide

Hi there @Laurie-30

Thanks for the post.

Hope you don't mind us replying in English.

You'd need to double check that the country on the account of the Family plan Manager matches the country on your account. Sometimes if you live close to a border the country on your account might change or the service might assume you're actually located in the neighboring country. So it's best to check what country is listed on your account page

I'd also suggest trying to accept the invitation from an incognito browser window, to avoid issues caused by corrupted browser cache or cookies. 

Note that you can only change Family plans once a year as well.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, yesterday my previous plan has expired and today, without any problem I was able to accept invitation to new Family plan, like you said.

Thanks again for your help 😊

Ohh, I'm glad everything is ok now!

Thank you, @Łabi - and enjoy! 😊

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts