Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Amazon Echo Multi Room on shared Family Plan does not show on Connected Devices for everyone

Amazon Echo Multi Room on shared Family Plan does not show on Connected Devices for everyone

She Curently has a:

Android Samsung A5 (On the latest OS) and Spotify on latest Firmware 

Alexa app is also on the latest Firmware 

She is on my family Plan

Me: 

Family Plan

Premium

US

Device

iPhone 8

iOS 10, Android Oreo)

My wife and I share a family plan together and we curently have 3 Amazon echo devices. I curently have her as a family member on my Alexa account account and she can definetly see the speakers on the list but:

1 - Multiroom is not visible for her as it is for me

2- When I specificaly use a device on mi account it disapears on hers 

3- For her to regain acces to a speaker she needs to unlik her spotify from Alexa and link again.

As far as Multi-Room goes, she used to be able to see it in the list but for some reason that stoped, and as far as the speakers disapearing from her list, we have a work arround but its tedious and unecesary. 

2 Replies

I think this is the solution you're looking for: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Premium-for-Family/Spotify-Connect-Multiple-Speakers-Devices/td-p/1...

Hope this helps, good luck and have a nice day.

~Levi

Hello - I have the same problem. When it was just me alone connected to our Amazon account, I could see all of our devices in my Sonos apps.

However, after registering my wife's Sonos account to her Amazon account (same household as mine with all our Echo devices), then I can only see devices in my account that she does not see in hers.  I can manually tell any Alexa device to play music on any speaker or group on our account and it will work, and it will then show up in the app, but before that, the devices are only visible on one account.

The implementation of Echo speakers with multiple household users appears very buggy (and the link posted just above unfortunately is no help).

Suggested posts