Plan

Premium

Country uk

Device

(iPhone 8 Plus)

Operating System

(iOS 12.2)

My Question or Issue

hi,  i use an Amazon Echo Plus(2nd gen),  parents use amazon echo dot(3nd gen)

at the min,  i have both devices connected up to my individual spotify account,  if i upgrade my spotify account to family plan.  how do i set it up so my parents can use the the spotify on echo dot and i can use my own to the echo plus?  as at the moment i can only use my spotify account when parents are not.  all the albums they are playing are appear on my recently played list on spotify,  its getting a bit

annoying now,  and if need be,  i would be able to use the echo dot streaming through my spotify account when parents are out of the house etc.

thanks in advance and hope this all makes sense to everyone.

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for your question - we'll be glad to help you out here 🙂

Just to confirm, are both you and your parents sharing the same Spotify account? If so, you'll need to make sure you have separate accounts first - that way, you'll be able to listen to music independently of each other and keep your listening history and preferences separate.

Once you've done that, we suggest you follow the steps provided in this related thread - that should hopefully enable you and your parents listen to music separately on the two different Echo devices.

Hope that helps! Give us a shout if you have any further questions 😉

Suggested posts