Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App popup with only option to downgrade removes him from my family plan?

Solved!

App popup with only option to downgrade removes him from my family plan?

My dad was the Family Plan Manager but cancelled it and i became the Family plan manager, i invited 3 family members but every time my dad opens the app a popup with the only option to downgrade is on the screen, we press that and it removes him from my family plan?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Rathaniel,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please note that if your dad's subscription was cancelled due to a failed payment, his account may be on pause and he needs to reach out to the folks over at Customer Support, so they can assist him further. 

If not, please send over a screenshot of the popup message so we can investigate further.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Rathaniel,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please note that if your dad's subscription was cancelled due to a failed payment, his account may be on pause and he needs to reach out to the folks over at Customer Support, so they can assist him further. 

If not, please send over a screenshot of the popup message so we can investigate further.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Premium / Duo

Country

USA

Device

PC & iPhone

My Question or Issue

I have had a Premium account for a little over four years and recently switched to Duo to add my girlfriend as the second person on the plan. She usually plays Spotify on her PC but when she switches to her iPhone she is dropped from the plan. Her iPhone prompts her to downgrade to a Free account, when she tapes on the button or taps away it removes her from the Duo plan. I then have to re-invite her so her account is once again, and it happens every single time.

Why will Spotify on mobile not recognize her Duo status but it works fine on PC?

My wife's account was the primary account. Recently my account became the premium but now everytime my wife starts the spotify app it asks her to downgrade even though she is a member of my family plan

Suggested posts