Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Being added to Family plan when already having premium account

Being added to Family plan when already having premium account

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Samsung Galaxy s7

Operating System

Windows 10,Android

My Question or Issue

Hey! I already have a premium subscribtion, but my Dad has bought a family plan and wants to add me as a member. How do I transfer? I already cancelled my subscribtion, but when I accept an invitation to his family plan, nothing changes. My account still says that my Premium will be over in a few days.  Should I cancel my subscribtion, wait till it's over and then ask him to send me an invitation? 
Thanks for all your help

1 Reply

Hi @ruthencja ! 🙂

Spotify has a step by step guide to help get you onto a Family account - which I've copied below. You can also find more on the Family plan at the full support page
Hope this helps and have an amazing day! 🙂

Join an existing Premium for Family plan

To join an existing Premium for Family plan, you need to reside at the same physical address as the plan’s owner (the person who subscribed to the plan). 

All members have their own personal Premium account (so you don’t need to worry about asking the plan’s owner for their username and password). 

If you don't have an account yet, you’re given the option to create one as you join. If you do, and already have Premium, future payments switch to the plan owner (and any Premium time remaining from previous payments will resume when you leave the family plan). 

Note: If you're subscribed to Spotify Premium through a third party, e.g. your mobile provider, you need to cancel your subscription with them to join Premium for Family.

1. Have the owner invite you to their plan.
  2. You'll receive an email with a link to join. Open and click ACCEPT INVITATION. You're redirected to your account page, where you'll see a confirmation screen.
    Note: If you're not already logged in or don't have an account yet, you'll be asked to log in or sign up before seeing the confirmation.
  3. Enter your details and click SUBMIT to join the Premium for Family plan.

Here are a few things to keep in mind:

• You can only switch from one Family plan to another once every 12 months.
  • You can’t combine it with any trials, or offers such as the student discount.
  • If you're subscribed to Spotify Premium through another company (e.g. your broadband/mobile provider), you need to cancel your subscription with them to upgrade to Premium for Family.

Suggested posts