Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bought family premium but need help setting up children's accounts on their devices

Bought family premium but need help setting up children's accounts on their devices

I upgraded to a premium family plan because I want my children to have their own Spotify accounts on their iPads.  I sent invites to each of my children at their email addresses, and I downloaded the Spotify app to each of their ipads.  However, I cannot log in as them using the invite code.  When I try to log in as my children using the email address to which I sent the invites, it doesn't work.  

When I log in with my email address, I get my own Spotify playlists.  The whole reason I want to do family sharing is that I want my kids to have their own playlists, and I want to be able to use settings to restrict explicit music.  I am SO frustrated and really need help.  

Plan

Premium family sharing

USA

Device

iPad/ MacBook

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hey @jenniefeldman,

Thanks for reaching out.

The invite code doesn't work as a password 🙂 It's simply the code that's being used to associate the invite with your account and stuff.

Each one of your children needs to accept the invite that they received using their own accounts. There's an invite link in the email that they need to click on. The website will then prompt them to log into their accounts.

Let me know if you have any other questions -- I'll be happy to help! 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts