Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Brother can't activate premium.

Brother can't activate premium.

Me and my brother have been trying for 2 hours to activate the premium for family. Every time he clicks the ACCEPT INVITE button he keeps getting asked for first and last name, street name and number etc. Every time he enters them he gets an error, either saying ''Unable to join this Family plan. Try again by clicking the ACCEPT INVITE button in your email. If that doesn't work, ask the plan owner to send another invite.'' or that the plan has expired when it just got paid like 6 hours ago. We tried making a new account, tried clearing login info, disconnecting and connecting facebook, changing password, changing Date of birth etc etc. Still nothing. There's pretty much nothing i can do from now on.

9 Replies

Hey @ItsBiscuit, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try sending the invite using email address? You don't need to send the invite to the email address asscoiated with the Spotify account.

If that didn't help, could you try sending the invite using another browser or incognito mode to see if that makes a difference?

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

So i tried sending the code from incognito and from another browser and i tried accepting the code from incognito with the accept button and the redeem page aaand nothing.

Although i have noticed that the invite code is the same with every resend, so maybe it's expired and i need a new code? If the support team can by any chance refresh it or something it may work.

@ItsBiscuit,

Thanks for the reply 🙂

If using the browser didn't work, could you send the invite using another email address? You don't need to send the invite to the address associated with your Spotify account.

Keep me posted.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Wouldnt i need to make a new account? Im not sure what you mean.

@ItsBiscuit,

Thanks for the reply 🙂

No you don't need to create a new account. If you have another email address, just send the invitation to that email address and see if that works. 

Keep me posted.

Billy-JSpotify Star

I've tried everything I can thi thinkthink of. New email first work either and can't find any support to chat to. 

So, i just sent the invite to a 2nd email of mine and i was able to join the plan so i guess the problem isnt the code. Its most likely coming from his account but i dont know why. And i have to mention that he has been in this plan for 2 months before and he hasnt had a problem but this month he just got disconnected from it. I didnt remove him, be automatically got removed.

Hey @ItsBiscuit, and @Sandradegraaf1.

In this case, please make sure that you go to your Premium for Family account, remove any pending invites, and then send a new one. 

Also make sure to send the invite to another email address belonging to yore brother and not to yourself.Your brother can still accept the invite with his account even if it's not registered with the same one as the one the invite was sent to.

Also, please make sure that you reside at the same address, as this is needed to work. If you don't, this may be a reason why your brother got removed from the Premium for Family plan.

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts