Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can ALL members of Premium Family keep their playlist if they used to have Premium?

Can ALL members of Premium Family keep their playlist if they used to have Premium?

Hello. Both me and my boyfriend have separate Premium accounts. I would like to know if we can switch to Family and BOTH keep our playlists.

Thanks in advance for clarification.

3 Replies

Hey @MashaSuperstar1 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Each person on the plan uses their own account, so no one shares a password and everyone keeps their own saved music and playlists.

Hope this clears things up. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Maxim. Thanks for your reply, but I'm not sure you understood my question. My boyfriend and I already have two separate Premium accounts with our respective playlists. We would like to create one Family Premium and add our kids. According to the Family Premium description, the person who creates the Family account gets to keep their old settings and playlists; but what about the person who's been invited to the Family account? If the invited person already had their old account, would they keep their old playlists? Thanks again.

Hey @MashaSuperstar1 ,

Don't worry, I've definitely understood your question. 🙂

The same applies to people who get invited to a Premium Family plan. Since they'll be using their existing account to join the plan, they'll keep all of their stuff.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts