Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change country not card

Can't change country not card

I have a Premium Family setup in Belgium. I am now residing in Spain and  wish to change country in my account but I can't because the drop-down is disabled. I tried to add a new card (from a Spanish bank) and it says "Your form of payment and your country do not coincide." so I can't do that either. What can do to switch everything to Spain?

4 Replies

Hey @pietro_spain ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

You should be able to update your country setting b following these steps: 

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Under Your plan, click UPDATE next to your payment method.
  3. Enter a new payment method that was issued in your new country or region.

In some cases, however, this unfortunately doesn't work, which means that you'll need to cancel your subscription and wait for it to end.

Once it has ended, you'll be able to update your country setting by using the dropdown menu and then subscribing again using your new payment method.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is pathetic - I am having the same problem - unacceptable. I may just try the solution of cancel - and never come back...

I have a Spotify Family account.
How would the cancelling work, in my case?
And also, will my music and preferences be saved if I cancel and the create a new account in Spain?

Hey @pietro_spain ,

Thanks for getting back.

Canceling works the same as described in the support article I linked in my initial post. Since you're canceling the subscription and aren't closing the account, your playlists, saved music, etc. won't get deleted, as Spotify Free users can also use those features.

Hope this clears things up.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts