Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't find my address for family premium

Can't find my address for family premium

Could someone find out why spotify cannot find my address. 

24 Replies

same here

Same issue.

The oldest post I find is from a week ago. Just got done with two different ‘chats’ and “they are working on it”. I told them to refund me, which they did. I asked if there will be an email when it is fixed. “Probably not” 🙄

Hello @ifazanwar@Lroebuckrn1@kegl1@golfnut and the rest,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue where the address can't be found when trying to sign up for Family Premium and are currently investigating this.

Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. Be sure to comment or subscribe in the topic to get notifications. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

They already fixed that issue! I just found my address.

Hey there @kegl1,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Glad to hear all's sorted now and you were able to find your address. 

@ifazanwar@Lroebuckrn1 and @golfnut, could you give it another try to see if it also works for you? This should be fixed.

If you're still having troubles, we'd suggest following the steps provided here from an incognito or private window in your browser. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Just subscribed to the family plan and for the world of me I cannot find any of the addresses so cannot add any of the users - I have 2 kids (aged 6 and 9 who already listen to the music using my account but when I tried to set up a family one it doesnt work)

How can this be fixed? Also, if I may, its ridiculous I need to set up an email address for a 6 year old to listen to some music: not to mention the DOB has to be faked as it wouldnt even accept it - shambles of a process to be honest

Same issue, except it finds an address but the Postal code is not correct! If my family goes to search for our address, they will not see our true address. When I try to keep it basic with no postal code, it auto-fills. I've paid for Family Premium and not able to add family members because of this. I'm presuming because they are using the google maps platform, which is user based for more rurual or remote areas and doesn't always translate our civic addressing with google records ??? I just want to let my family link to our premium account. HASSLE 110%

Hey there @Agrabe and @cclou,

Thanks for the feedback – we appreciate it! We always aim to improve, so we’ll get this passed on to the right team!

If you're having difficulties verifying your home address for the Family plan, we'd suggest you check out this Spotify Answer.

For full info on Premium Family, you can visit this support page.

Hope this helps! We'll be right here, if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thanks @xenia but this doesnt help - i just dont get why the family sharing cannot be done the same way as Netflix. My wifes existing account couldnt be linked so we used another (rarely used email address) and that didnt work either. The support guy via Twitter told be to be in the same location and we are in the same house - so the process you guys have is faulty. Automatic and manual dont work

Also another thing was I wanted to have 2 accounts for kids but after signing up turned out the app doesnt work in Ireland and when I tried to use the normal spotify turned out they need to be 13 to have an account so been advised to wait for 7 years until my daughter reaches that age. We will surely wait 7 years - why didnt I think about it that before Spotify Support suggested it

Absolutely bonkers!

Same here, I find the address but the postal code is not correct.

Hey @RenatoSe7en,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Also thanks @Agrabe for getting back to us.

Can you try opening an incognito window on your PC? Then you can go here and try adding the address.

If that doesn't do the trick, you can try selecting the building number, street name, or a close landmark. That could help finding the whole address and adding it. Just make sure to avoid adding someone else's address. 

@Agrabe We'd suggest you restart the device and then to log out and log back in to the account. Then you can create accounts for kids. If you receive an error message, you can send us a screenshot showing it. We'll investigate this further.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

Thanks for the reply but that didn't help me at all. This link sent me to inside Spotify, I dont want to change my address, I want to be able to select it when trying to add my wife on my premium duo account.

When I try to select my address the postal code is always wrong.

HI i cant get it to work can you just add it into the account

I am trying to add my child to my family plan and when I put in our address it locates it but then when it asks to confirm, it removes the house number and won't let us proceed as it says the address is not the same. Ive tried "editing" multiple times and it will not work. 

Hey everyone,

Thanks for keeping us posted on the situation.

@RenatoSe7en could you let us know whether or not the postal code and the address saved in your account are correct? It's possible that there's a mismatch and that's why your wife is experiencing difficulties when accepting the invite. It's also a good idea to check if the country set in both your accounts is correct. You can check this by logging in to your account page.

@Alyssa08 could you also make sure that the address saved in your account is correct? Could you try changing it to only the street name or a close landmark and let us know if that did a trick. Just as a heads up - maybe Spotify Kids is something that's also suitable for you. 

@JakeMcgrath we're not able to add members to a Premium Family subscription. You can find detailed instructions on how you can do this yourself here. If you're still having issues, you can explain them here and we'll be happy to look in to them. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mihail Moderator

Cant find my address

Hey @Green16,

Thanks for posting here on the Community 🙂

It's a good idea to try selecting the building number, street name, or a close landmark as that could help finding the whole address and adding it. 

If that doesn't help, we'd suggest you try with another network to see if anything changes.

In case you get an error message, you can send us a screenshot of it. Just make sure to hide any private or sensitive info. We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts