Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't join family plan because already joined once in 12 months by mistake

Can't join family plan because already joined once in 12 months by mistake

Hello, 

I changed my credit card last month and recently I got an email asking for changing my credit card data. My mother did not know how to do it and she created a new family plan by mistake. My brother and dad joined and after we had seen what she had done we deleted this new account created. We got to change the credit card data in the original family plan (I was still in it), however, my dad and brother are not able to join now because you can only join once in a year. Is there any way to fix this? It was by mistake and now they can not listen to music...

Thanks! 

Iphone 8

1 Reply

Hi there @luaal9,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear this has happened.

Family Plan members will only be able to switch once every 12 months, and the 12 months starts from the first time they switch plans. They can return to the plan they just left, but will get an error if they try to switch again after that. If the manager cancels the Family plan, re-subscribes, and invites the same members, it’s not counted as a change of plan for the members.

In this situation, due to the limitation to the Plan switching, you might consider creating separate Premium accounts for your brother and father here. Since they've switched plans already they won't be able to switch again for the next 12 months.

Hope this info clears things up.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts