Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't join family plan once every 12 months

Can't join family plan once every 12 months

I'm trying to invite my husband to the family plan. We were on duo plan before. When he click on the invite, Spotify mentionned he can't join that plan once every 12 months. But we were with the Duo Plan just before.

Help. We use Spotify all day long.
Thanks !
7 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out.

If he's seeing that error message now, it means that he already was part of two Duo/Family plans in the past 12 months. 🙂

You can only switch plans once every 12 months, so if you're part of plan A, for example, and leave to join plan B, that works.
If you, however, now leave plan B to join plan C, that won't work and you'll need to wait 12 months from the day you joined plan B.

This only applies when joining plans owned by different accounts, though.

Hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Why is this? 

I’d like to know if there’s any possibility of being able to join back your Family plan once your partner kicks you out and cancels the Duo plan without any notice. 

I’d like to know if there’s any possibility of being able to join back your Family plan once your partner kicks you out and cancels the Duo plan without any notice. 

Ok,

So, I had a family plan before and family members joined, all good. Then cancelled.

I've now subscribed again and my family can't join, with that error message.

If this is the case, that they can't join, it's a really bad service and I don't see any reason for this.

So, should I cancel or is there a solution?

Hey @lau_atienza and @matsalmlof,

To ensure that we can offer you the best help that we can, could you please create your own thread? Doing so is easy. Simply select the appropriate board here, and then select “Start a Topic.”

Thank you very much!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Plan

Family Plan Premium

CountrY

Mexico

Device

iPhone

My Question or Issue

My dad by mistake got a new family plan, he thought the old one was over. So I got into this new plan, leaving the other one. But when he realized and cancelled the brand new. I was unable to join the old plan I already was part of. 

Suggested posts