Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't join "Family" plan

Solved!

Can't join "Family" plan

I am on Australia on holidays (I'm from Spain) and my brother created a "Family" Plan.

He sent me the invitation but I can't join it because I am on holidays on Australia. I don't understand why I can't access, I am his brother, we are family and I am a Spanish resident. I am in Australia as a tourist.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @abaracedo, I don't think should worry about it. As long as you all sign up using the same zip code, everything should be fine aftwerwards, even if you travel abroad. 

Just keep in mind that if the payment method gets changed during this period, you are likely to be removed.

Besides, the Terms and Conditions of the Premium for Family state that every member must reside at the same physical address.

So my suggestion is that if you eventually get removed when abroad, just get the regular Premium plan until you come back to Spain 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hola @abaracedo, thanks for writing.

Since all members of the Premium for Family plan must reside at the same address, it's important that you are at least in the same country as the Administrator who sent you the invitation.

If you're oveseas, the system will consider you're not eligible to join the plan.

In this case I suggest you wait until you return do Spain and then accept the invitation.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

BittencourtSpotify Star

@Bittencourt, and after accepting the invitation when I get back to Spain what will happen if I go for a trip to a different country, will I be able to use the Family Plan?

I contacted the support and they told me that if I was moving to a different country then I will be out of the Family Plan...

@abaracedo,

After accepting the invitation in Spain, you'll also be able to use Premium when travelling abroad. Keep in mind that if the payment method eventually get changed, you'll be removed if in another country. Also you might be removed if staying abroad for too long... 

BittencourtSpotify Star

I understand...But I don't understand why when I contacted them they didn't said what you said me. How I can know what is that "too long period" for being removed?

Marked as solution

Hi @abaracedo, I don't think should worry about it. As long as you all sign up using the same zip code, everything should be fine aftwerwards, even if you travel abroad. 

Just keep in mind that if the payment method gets changed during this period, you are likely to be removed.

Besides, the Terms and Conditions of the Premium for Family state that every member must reside at the same physical address.

So my suggestion is that if you eventually get removed when abroad, just get the regular Premium plan until you come back to Spain 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts